We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

uk
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

I'm travelling to Israel for the 1st time. I want to do the following: 4 days in Tel Aviv, 4 days in Eilat and 2 nights in Jereuslum. Would anyone be able to advise what I should be doing in terms of historical sites/sight-seeing/tours. I want to combine this with beach resorts so I can chill out and relax too. I am travelling 1st of Apr 2011. Thanks

Arik Private Tours In Israel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Jerusalem
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Guided Tours Israel - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,694 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

Since this is your first trip to Israel and you are coming for only 10 days, I suggest that you skip Eilat and spend 3-4 days in the Galilee instead. You will lose 2 days of your vacation travelling to/from Eilat (unless you fly) and there isn't much to do there. You can chill out and relax just as easily on the beaches in Tel Aviv, Herzliya, Netanya, etc, while being able to see the sites and entertainment in the big city at the same time:

…webshots.com/photo/2931814000058798626mfhUhH

The usual 10-day visit is as follows:

- 3-4 days Jerusalem

- rent car : 1-2 day at Dead Sea

- 3-4 days north; return car in Tel-Aviv

- 1-3 days Tel-Aviv

This can also be done in reverse order: start in Tel-Aviv and finish the vacation in Jerusalem,

uk
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

Great thanks for that. Would you recommend any tour companies who would pick us up from Tel Aviv hotel and arrange a 2 day excursion to Jeruselum? In terms of Eilat, we were planning to fly there so won't lose too much time in travelling. What is there to see in Galilee?

Thanks

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,694 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

Are you planning to go to Petra whhen in Eilat ? If not, I again recommend skipping Eilat altogether; there is very little to do there and you can sit on the beach on the Mediterranean coast instead.

There is infinitely much more to do in the Galilee: a short list - Haifa and the Bahai Gardens, the Crusader City in Akko, Zefat, Nazareth, Tiberias, all of the National Parks in the Galilee and Golan, the Roman city in Bet Shean, etc, etc.

In all cases, you should give Jerusalem priority over Tel-Aviv because there is so much more to see there. You can easily see Tel-Aviv on your own and you don't need a tour.

If you are interested in one or two day organised tours (although I recommend renting a car if you go up north), look up Egged Tours and Ben Harim Tours.

uk
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

Thank you very much, the info. is very useful. I really don't fancy driving out there. I'd rather stick to a tour compnay who would take us to the places. I'll have a look at the companies you've recommended. Thanks.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,717 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

While I am not an EIlat person I can appreciate the OPs desire to spend part of their vacation doing nothing--aka sitting on a beach. Reality is, the weather in April is not guaranteed to be warm enough for this--while in Eilat it should be. I would do just two days in Eilat, Make Jerusalem 4 days, leave Tel Aviv as 4 days and skip the north--my personal style is more depth of fewer places!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

Totally agree with rdglady. If you like the beach, Eilat will give you that warm weather and the water and desert offer enough to do for a couple of days. If the OP isn't really willing to drive then the Galilee would be spent on a tour, not exactly relaxing.

Jerusalem has great walking tours as well as many, many sites to see. One of those days could be spent going to Masada and the Dead Sea for a float. That can be done on a day tour.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
742 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

We did a similar trip and going to Eilat was the hightlight of our trip. However, we didn't go directly we spent a night (and two days) going to Masada and Ein Bokek (Dead Sea). Doing it that way enabled us to have the opportunity to spend time seeing those wonderful places and the drive to Eilat wasn't as long as going straight from Jeruslem. The trip through the Negev was amazing, and we timed it to arrive in Eilat just before sunset.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

For enjoying the beach at the beginning of April, Eilat will be significantly warmer than Tel Aviv. The water temps will probably be about 20 degrees in Eilat (the sea is at its coldest at the end of winter). I don't know about Tel Aviv - maybe the Med will be somewhat warmer ??? There are some great hiking areas, a few very interesting historical sites, a bit of bird-watching, coral reefs - but best with a guide.

9. Re: Ittenery ideas for Eilat, Tel Aviv and Jereuselum.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2012, 10:42