We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Kiryat Shmona

Seattle, Washington
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation to Kiryat Shmona

Hiking the Israeli National Trail starting in Dan or Nimrod. We've found train/bus transportation to Kiryat Shmona, but looks like getting to Nimrod is difficult. Two questions: Is there alternative transportation to Nimrod? Is taking a taxi from Ben Gurion to Kiryat Shmona at all feasible (ie what would something like that cost?)

Thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,314 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Kiryat Shmona

You can take a taxi from the airport to Kiryat Shmona. The official fare is 857 NIS or 1059 nights and Shabbat - there will be a small additional charge for luggage.

You can take the train from the airport to the Arlozorov Terminal in Tel Aviv. There you can get a direct bus to Kiryat Shmona.

To get to Dan you would need to take a local bus from Kiryat Shmona. I am not having any luck in finding bus service to Nimrod - you may be able to find a local bus that will take you close, but not up to the National Park.

Since you are planning to hike the Israel Trail - I hope that you have, or are doing extensive advanced planning. Please make sure that you get a full, up to date set of the trail hiking maps. There are occasional changes in some of the trails and it is very important to have the maps.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Kiryat Shmona

Buses that operates between Kiryat Shemona and Newe Ativ Should be good for you.

The best option I know is to take the Bus from Gibor junction to Newe Ative.. the bus number is 058 but it doesn't have many rides and I don't remember the time table (you will have to check Egged site to see if the bus hours are good for you). Any way many people hitchhike in this area... this also could be an option.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,420 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Kiryat Shmona

I would suggest following Oreets advice to Kiryat Shmona and then taking a taxi to Nimrod Castle as bus service is very limited and you may find yourself waiting several hours for a bus during certain times of the day. It's not too far, so it won't cost too much.

Chana

Israel

4. Re: Transportation to Kiryat Shmona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 03:17