We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ben gurion airport

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
ben gurion airport

Hi,

I have a flight from ben gurion to italy departing at 12.40 (terminal 3). I shall be arriving from eilat, the flight landing in ben gurion (terminal 1) at 9.40.

I have been advised that it is too late and that I will lose my flight.

can anybody comment?

thanks!

elisa

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ben gurion airport

I think you're fine -- that's three hours. Will you be checking your bags through to your final destination in Eilat? If so, that should especially be enough time. But even if you are arriving at Ben Gurion for your first flight, three hours should be fine. I never recommend less.

I'm curious who told you that was not enough time, and why?

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ben gurion airport

As long as your Eilat-Ben Gurion flight is on timr you will have no problem at all.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ben gurion airport

Hi Douglas, thanks!

a lady from the airport told me so. I will be arriving from eilat with a domestic flight, at terminal 1. she says that recovering my luggage, going from terminal 1 to terminal 3 and so on will take me more than half an hour and so I won't be at the check in for the flight to italy 3 hours earlier...

I really don't know what to do

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,281 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ben gurion airport

If someone from Ben Gurion airport is advising against it then I would take their advice over all of us here.

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ben gurion airport

2.5 hours is more than suffient. Sorry, even a "lady" from the airport can be wrong.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ben gurion airport

The airport staff just give you the "official line" - 3 hours. It is rare that you need that much time. If you do run into delays, when you get to the international terminal, you can explain that you had connection delays - there is a very good possibiity that security staff and/or other passengers will let you go ahead in the line (before checking in for your flight and/or through the security check before passport control).

If you are flying on El Al, you can check in on-line from Eilat, which should save you some time. If not, perhaps your airline also has on-line check in.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,914 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ben gurion airport

Which airline are you using to fly out ? Do they have advance internet check-in ? If yes and you do so they usually require less than three hours.

8. Re: ben gurion airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 00:18