We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange rate

Timisoara, Romania
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Money exchange rate

Where am I more likely to get a better exchange from euro to ILS? At the airport or in Jerusalem?

Is there a certain office that you could recommend me for money exchange?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,588 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchange rate

Check out the top questions for ATMs and money exchange.

Your best bet is to go to a currency exchange - either at the airport or in Jerusalem. You can also use your debit card or check card at many ATMs to withdraw NIS.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchange rate

Usually the Post Office has the best rate... but also small independent Forex (foreign exchange) has also very good rates... if you change small amount of money it won't be much of a different anyway....

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,792 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money exchange rate

I've looked at the post office site and found it offered less than my money changer. Biggest problem with the post office is there can be a long line! ( the person who changes money also wires it overseas etc. etc. --for the multitude of foreign workers currently in Israel)

4. Re: Money exchange rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 20:17