We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel safe now?

Timisoara, Romania
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Israel safe now?

I am planing to travel to Israel solo at the end of April, have already made an itinerary, bookings for guided tours, I have done a lot of research from public transport connections to what places are not safe for women alone etc. I guess I could say I'm very well prepared, but as the trip is approaching I am getting more and more worried about the safety issues seeing that the unrest in the Middle East still hasn't come to an end.

I have a friend there whom I'm going to visit shortly and of course that makes me feel a bit safer since she knows the country/speaks the language, but I will be alone for the biggest part of my trip since I will be traveling all over the country and honestly I am starting to have second thoughts after everything I see on TV and in the news.

Do you think it would not be safe for me to go there alone in this period?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel safe now?

I can only repeat what others have said here frequently. The current "unrest" in the Middle East is happening in other countries, not in Israel. There is nothing new or different here to cause you any concern.

Worrying about the unrest affecting your visit here would be the equivalent of worrying about a visit to England if there were problems in Italy.

Timisoara, Romania
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel safe now?

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,813 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel safe now?

I can't add to what Oreet said and normally wouldn't be posting on this thread--but I feel another voice--agreeing will help you feel better. GO-SEE-ENJOY!!

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel safe now?

I second to Oreet and rdglady opinion and I would like to elaborate about the subject so that you will feel even more secure..

The unrest in the Middle East is actually applies only for the Arab states... their citizens are rebelling against their rulers and fighting for democracy (or better rulers?)... since Israel is a democratic country it's unlikely that the unrest will effect Israel...

There is nothing to worry about... solo traveling in Israel is very common and you will have a great time!

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel safe now?

not to get political Elad,,,,,

for your second paragraph,,,,,, that is one sweeping statement..

ciao to all

A99

(as my post gets bumped down)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
357 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel safe now?

Just to reiterate what everyone has said. Yes it is safe now. Yes. Travelling on your own is safe. Use common sense as you will anywhere else in the world. You will have a great time.

7. Re: Israel safe now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 17:15