We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Melody Hotel in Tel Aviv..............

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
At the Melody Hotel in Tel Aviv..............

Have had a nice phone chat with Douglas..........it seems so strange being in Israel when he is in Hawaii. *smile* Sounds like he is having the trip of a lifetime.

Our day today was quite wonderful..................of course! How could it be otherwise? We are in ISRAEL....................

We went to Megiddo where Debbie shopped (can you realize by now that my friend, Debbie, is a shopper? SHOPPER???)........Tom and Janice did the whole tour/walk etc. and I got a Coke Zero and sat at a table in the shade and crocheted and simply enjoyed myself.

I called Debi Z. and had a nice little chat with her.

Lunch was Daliyat Ha'Carmel (any miss-spellings, please, forgive)...............and also a little shopping.......we did linger over lunch at the place in Israel that serves truly the best falafel I have ever eaten (ate there on my last trip as well...)...........then a stop at Carmel Assembly to leave a donation from my church and to hug the neck of a dear friend who lives and works there.

Caeserea was our last visit of the day before coming to Tel Aviv and checking into our hotel----the Melody. (No problem getting someone to carry the luggage....it was a huge hassle last time.) I like this place.....the rooms are a little smaller than the Ramot, but, very nice and it is handy to have the wi fi in the room.

We asked the desk clerk for a recommendation for dinner and he recommended a place called Fortuna right on the edge of the water. They have seafood and Debbie and I shared an Alfredo dish with shrimp and our companions had sea bass.......everybody thought the food was quite good. We stopped for gelato on the walk back to the hotel........yum.

And now it is time for a tired me to say good night..............tomorrow is a day "at leisure" for us and I do intend to take full advantage of it (I'm needing it, frankly.....although honestly am doing WELL.....Curt was SO worried about me doing this trip, but, I have been doing exactly what is best for ME.........and it is working out well...).......tomorrow I might get out and just take a walk down to the beach, but, probably not much more than that. Moti re-joins us on Sunday morning and we'll be heading to Jerusalem.

Kathy.....very joyful!

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
HabereH Pub
Art Galleries, Bars & Clubs
Faran Natural Cosmetic
Factory Outlets, Gift & Speciality Shops
Hadasaar Natural Living
Gift & Speciality Shops
Israel
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: At the Melody Hotel in Tel Aviv..............

It's a pleasure to read your cheerful posts, Kathy, and I wish you a peaceful and enjoyable Saturday.

Nice to hear that you had an appetite for dinner after that delicious falafel you had had earlier in the day. Given the right mood, a falafel can be more enjoyable than a fancy 3-course meal.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,033 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: At the Melody Hotel in Tel Aviv..............

Shabbat shalom, dear friend! I am happy you are enjoying Tel Aviv.

Consider the restaurant I mentioned for Motzei Shabbat (Saturday night) -- Benny the Fisherman in the Old Port area.

Enjoy you Shabbat rest.

Douglas Duckett

On the island of Kaua'i, where I saw the Southern Cross for the first time tonight. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Old Tel Aviv Port Area
Old Tel Aviv Port Area
2,217 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Benny the Fisherman
Benny the Fisherman
340 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: At the Melody Hotel in Tel Aviv..............

Kathy,

There is a nice restaurant in walking distance from your hotel. It is called Adora, 226 Ben Yehuda St. Their business lunch is very reasonable. Dinner is more expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Ben Yehuda Apartments
Ben Yehuda Apartments
472 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Paragon
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: At the Melody Hotel in Tel Aviv..............

We ate at Fortuna both nights....well, the second night it was just Debbie and myself. I suggested Benny the Fisherman to Debbie.....the desk clerk also highly recommended it, but, Debbie preferred to go back to Fortuna........and it was good and not something worth arguing over. *grin*

Kathy

Mentioned in this post
Benny the Fisherman
Benny the Fisherman
340 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,033 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: At the Melody Hotel in Tel Aviv..............

Fair enough. We had dinner last night at the same place we ate our first night on Kaua'i, and I rarely do that.

Enjoy the next stage!

Douglas Duckett

6. Re: At the Melody Hotel in Tel Aviv..............

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2012, 05:17