We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train safety at night

ERT123
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Train safety at night

Hi, I'll be in Israel this summer and my return flight will be at 6:00 in the morning. As I'm flying with El Al I will have to be at the airport three hours in advance, so I'm taking the 1:31am train from Haifa to Ben Gurion Airport. Is it safe in Israel to ride the train at night? I'm a 32 year old guy from a city of a million people, so I know what I'm doing, but I'm just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of since it'll be my first time in Israel.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,404 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train safety at night

You have nothing special to worry about - just use basic common sense.

There is security at all train stations in Israel, both entering the station, on the platform as well as security personnel on each train.

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Train safety at night

Hi,

Yes it's safe.

The only thing I think you should be aware of is that the trains are sometimes late so.. don't get panicked if it happens :-)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,725 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train safety at night

You will have a nice ride with nothing to worry about. I doubt that there will be many people on the train so you will be able to rest on the way to the airport.

Chana

Israel

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train safety at night

In addition to the previous comments.. You should know that in each train there is a security guard... so if you will have a problem you can easily find him.

It is important to say that there is also a security upon entry to the train stations. The security has body and bags scanners (like the airport) so that no one can carry any kind of weapon without their acknowledgment and consent. So don't picture horror images of armed robbery in your mind...

ERT123
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train safety at night

Thanks for all your answers! I'm really looking forward to my stay.

6. Re: Train safety at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 08:18