We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

1 post
Save Topic
Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

I'm only in Israel for 3 more weeks in August, and wanted to know which beaches in israel can I sunbathe in the nude. I know it might not be officially legal in Israel but I wanted to know which beaches are unofficially accepted as being a nude beach. I've read about a beach at the north of the dead sea and another north of tel aviv, but i'm not sure how updated those reports are. Also the directions to those two beached aren't so clear, so if anyone personly went to those beaches or another nudist beach please let me know. Where do the nudist go in the summer? Are there any nudist resorts?

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

there's an almost official nude beach at the dead sea called Neve Midbar (only on saturdays).

for more details: http://www.naturism.org.il/About.aspx

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

Ok, I will give updated answer for the "non Israelis" that are looking for the perfect spots:

1. The most famous spot is Gaash beach, about 15 KM north of Tel- Aviv. Actually this is a stretch of about 10 KM that starts in the north of Hertzelia city and ends at the south of Natania city. This stretch is in some parts textile but most of it is naturalist friendly. As you approach the northern parts you will reach the gay part, but from Gaash village and south (or up to 3 KM north) you will find many naturists.

2. the "Zuk" (Cliff in Hebrew) beach- one of the northern Tel-Aviv beaches (about 3 KM north of the Tel- Aviv old port and Riding power plant) has also about 2 KM stretch between "Tel- Baruch" beach and the southern "Zuk" beach. it is recommended not to come there during the weekends (Friday and especially Saturday) as it becomes a textile beach, but during Sunday- Thursday you will be able to tan nude

3. the Dead sea-"Neve Midbar" (Oasis in Hebrew) near Kalia beach in the northern tip of the sea has a formal nudist section- it is recommended coming there in the weekends, unless you want to be alone…note that you have entrance payment in this beach. After you enter walk south past the straw huts and down to the water edge.

4. Festivals- twice a year you have the Pashut ('simple") Festival in the" Ashram in the desert – about 100KM north of Eilat on the way to Mitzpe- Ramon"" (around May-Shavuot and October-Sukot), to enter you must come in couples (to equalize the amount of females and males)- it is a very nice experience, a little erotic, a little spiritual and very "live"

Beside that you can find many other beaches in the Dead sea (north of Ein- Gedi beach, Dragot cliffs beach) and the Mediterranean beaches (north of Dor beach, Habonim beach,) etc. but it depends who is around (children? Arabs? Orthodox Jews? And others that you should be aware not to heart there fillings.

I hope I helped you all,

Have fun in the Israeli sun

Lacey, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

What about in Elat?

14. Re: Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 09:35
Beit Shemesh, Israel
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

Check with the Israel Naturist Society. They organize events for their members at various beaches.

Beit Shemesh, Israel
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

Check with the Israel Naturist Society. They organize events for their members at various beaches.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,639 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

jonquil323 -

Welcome to Trip Advisor.....

When answering questions it's always a good idea to check the date of the question. In this case, the question was from 2 years ago.....

I'm sure the sunburn they got while sun bathing in August has already healed up.....

Stara Zagora...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

for all those who want to sunbath naked in israel here are some results:

on the north of the dead sea there is NEVE MIDBAR beach- part of it is an official naturist beach. you can find it right after you pass the LIDO gas station on your way to the south on 90road. after 200 meters you turn left and at the end of this road you will find this beach.

another naturist beach on the dead sea coast is METSOKEI DRAGOT beach/ this is non official coast with no lifeguard and no facilities. look for the sign on the main 90 road. then you park the car and go down to the beach about 500 meters to the right. take water with you. on this beach you will find some small pools with sweet water and some naturists. very nice and calm place. remember that climbing back is a little hard.

other places in israel are: GAASH beach, the north part of MICHMORET beach, the north part of the AKVADUCT beach in CAESARIA, ATLIT beach and ACHZIV beach after NAAHARIA to the north of israei.

good luck

Stara Zagora...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

to those who think that we cant answer to questions from the far past...........

you are not so smart

and we are not alone

sometimes someone is looking for some information and this site is a very good one and we try to keep it updated as much as we can.

so if you dont want dont use but dont disturb.

Edited: 19 July 2013, 11:00
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,751 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Nudity in Israel? Where can I sunbathe nude in Israel?

Of mm, this thread while old may be read by others and therefore I am posting rhe following warning:

NEVER go to beach on the shores of the Dead Sea that is not official. There are sink holes where you mentioned by Metzukot Dragot and anyone who visits theree has a true risk for their life and no one responsible for any injury or worse, that may occur to such illegal sunbathing(the place is illegal- no fines due to the danger of rangers entering the area).

I know on person personally who fell in a sink hole (which are now some of the pools you referred to) several meters deep. He was lucky to survive until someone noticed he was missing and went to search.

Please do not endanger your life to sunbathe in the nude at this location. Your life is worth alot more than an even suntan.

Chana

Israel