We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highly Recommend Northern Israel Guide- Arnon Eshel

SF
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Highly Recommend Northern Israel Guide- Arnon Eshel

I wanted to highly recommend Arnon as a guide. We used Arnon for our trip this past June (sorry Arnon, thought I had already posted this) for our family of 4, and couldn't have been more pleased. Arnon took us to a wide variety of sites and activities throughout the Golan and Galilee- ranging from historic to nature (hiking through streams) to fun (cherry picking farms and Israeli breweries/wineries). His upfront prep work was great, from detailed itineraries as well as a Skype discussion so we could meet each other "in person". He also proved very flexible depending on what we wanted to see that day, including last minute swimming hole stops even though we kept him out later than he was expecting.

Arnon was very knowledgeable as a guide, showing his passion for the country but not boring the kids. A definite highlight of our trip. Arnon can be reached at e_arnon@hotmail.com.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,896 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highly Recommend Northern Israel Guide- Arnon Eshel

OK, here we go again....

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highly Recommend Northern Israel Guide- Arnon Eshel

Shoshi - although the OP didn't say much about his/her trip, apart from how good the guide was, have a look at his/her profile, and you will see that there are quite a few posts from a few months ago asking for help with planning the trip mentioned here, including looking for private guides.

Looks legit to me, and not one of our "one-day-wonders" who come out of the woodwork with a single post, just to praise one guide, and are never heard from again.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highly Recommend Northern Israel Guide- Arnon Eshel

J-Travel - thank you for your review and recommendation.

Shoshi - I totally agree with Debi. No need to cast aspersions. It should be completely acceptable for anyone to post a review - even at the request of the service provider (guide, attraction, hotel, whatever).

SF
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Highly Recommend Northern Israel Guide- Arnon Eshel

I know the sensitivity of fake postings but decided it was worth it to share a good experience. All I can say, Shoshi, is you helped me plan my trip, replying on February 27 to my post (one of several questions I asked in planning my trip), and we ended up taking the apartment on Sheinkin St in Tel Aviv. Arnon did a great job and I wanted to help him out.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Highly Recommend Northern Israel Guide- Arnon Eshel

And that's fine, J-Travel. As others have said, you didn't just join Trip Advisor to sing one guide's praises, which is a dead give away for a fake posting/ad. This forum exists to share both recommendations and pans -- thanks for adding another name to the guide options.

Douglas Duckett

Visiting Saugatuck, Michigan, USA

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Highly Recommend Northern Israel Guide- Arnon Eshel

Well, I kmow arnon and i must say, he is indeed a great guide.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,896 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Highly Recommend Northern Israel Guide- Arnon Eshel

My apologies on that remark, and I don't remember replying to your questions. I do hope the apartment was fine. My recommendation was based on a trip report... ha ha ha, and being familiar with the location. A word from you on that could have been helpful.

About private guides - we have had lately on the forum alot of pushing to use private guides. It probably is very good but many refrain because they prefer to do it in "their own way" or because of the cost, not to mention political agenda that is a real obstacle here. Also many sites offer guided tours either at an extra cost (quite cheap) or as part of the entrance fee. I rarely use guides when traveling and prefer to prepare my trips in depth leaving a chance for some anexpected experience.

Edited: 05 September 2011, 20:07
8. Re: Highly Recommend Northern Israel Guide- Arnon Eshel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 08:16