We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental & shabbat questions-pls help,1st time to Israel!

london
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
car rental & shabbat questions-pls help,1st time to Israel!

Hello,

I'm new on this forum. I hope someone will help me. I am going to Israel for holiday with my husband btw 5th Nov-16th. Our itinerary is in this order - Tel Aviv,Nazareth,Sea of Galilee,Jerusalem,Dead Sea,Tel Aviv. We are doing a christian tour kinda thing, going to some historical sites in the bible. We are struggling with 2 problems.

1.we are renting a car and we heard that israeli car companies don't allow their cars to drive to palestinian territories. we wanted to go from jerusalem to dead sea direct using short cut and I think we may go into those territories. So is it really true?We also want to visit bethlehem. Will this be a problem? any info on general israeli car policy will be great. (we are french,chinese)..

2. Shabbat - we will be in jerusalem on friday which is shabbat. can anyone recommend a place we can go for food on friday evening? We are happy to have shabbat dinner or buffet. Just no Italian or any other cuisine..while in Israel,we ideally would like to eat the local food..

Thanks!

31. Re: car rental & shabbat questions-pls help,1st time to Israel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 15:19