We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

Dear Friends,

This is my second question tonight, if you bear with me! Three of us are traveling to Israel this spring. Two of us are coming from the US, whereas our friend will come from Europe. We will arrive at ben-Gurion airport at approximately the same time (although I understand that it's hard to know how long we will take going through security). We've never been to the airport before, and I was wondering if you had any suggestions about where we should agree to meet. Thanks much for your help!

best, Tip

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,973 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

Sure, easy. You will all come into terminal 3.

What I tell people is after they obtain their luggage and walk through security you should turn right ( right for the person walking out, not the person looking in) In front of you are a bunch of seats. Sit down and wait. Note: these seats are more or less in front of Steinmetsky's Book Store. ( the spelling may be off)

Others meet in front of the statue of Ben Gurion, who is right by Gate 2, which is right in front of you as you come out--BUT there you have to stand, so I would go for my first choice!

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

Perfect, ReadingLady! That is just the information that I needed!

I appreciate your help.

Tip

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

The seats where rdlady suggested are THE place to wait. At that location you can see all the arrivals and it would be hard to miss. If you land up having to wait, there are washrooms just a few meters away and there is also a food kiosk where you could get a drink or sandwich. While you are waiting you can also change your money at the money change booth or withdraw from the ATM;s which are right there as well. The area is not so big that you wouldn't find each other.

Oops, we posted at the same time.

Edited: 12 October 2011, 04:43
Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

Thanks, my Ottawa friend. That information is also extremely helpful.

I'm so excited about this trip, and all of the postings that I've been reading for weeks have been incredibly helpful.

thanks, Tip

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,286 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

As there may be very large crowds exiting the arrivals hall/customs I would suggest meeting at the meeting place designated as such which is straight as you walk out of customs just to the side of the door in front of you. Here there is a very clear sign that says MEETING POINT. In Israel there are always hundreds of people milling around the arrival's hall and all the seats are a good place, it might be difficult to actually see one another, especially if someone is seated.

BTW you can follow up on flight arrivals on the large screen right above the customs exit door.

Chana

Israel

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,842 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

Here is a map of the Arrivals Hall:

www.iaa.gov.il/Rashat/map.aspx…

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

Thank you all for your very helpful comments. I appreciate them.

best, Tip

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,973 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

I can't remember seeing the sign mentioned by Chana--but that is NOT to say it isn't there, I am sure it is!

I have met and waited for people in some of the busiest arrival times. There may be hundreds of people--but the space is large! I have never had problems meeting someone by the chairs. Besides--it is always more comfortable to sit and wait then stand and wait!

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

If one of you smokes the best place is next to the Dali menorah right outside the terminal building.

10. Re: Meeting place at ben-Gurion airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 October 2011, 19:35