We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination Experts Help

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
102 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Destination Experts Help

As we prepare to depart for Israel tomorrow, I would like to thank all of the TA DE's that have helped us plan our trip, answered our sometimes inane questions, and provided us with perspectives that will ensure that we get the most out of our visit.

Having followed the forum for eight months, I cannot imagine how you repeatedly answer the same questions without going "bonkers" but you do so with grace and enthusiasm.

Thank you so very much and Shalom.

Bob

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,856 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination Experts Help

Have a great trip, and tell us how it was.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,210 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination Experts Help

As Shoshi said - have a wonderful time and make sure to come back and tell us all about it.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination Experts Help

... and if you have access to the internet during the trip - do not hesitate to ask questions if you have any problems.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,398 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination Experts Help

The three DEs who responded are all Israelis, and I find the time and energy they bring to answering people's questions particularly selfless and generous. I certainly don't take that time on the Cincinnati forum to help visitors to my city.

The "dirty little secret" for some of us non-Israeli DEs is that answering your questions and helping you with your trip planning is how we get our "Israel fix" in between trips. Part of me always "goes along" on the trips of people whom I've tried to help in planning their journeys. And I love doing it, as I know my colleagues do!

But our Israeli DEs -- truly above and beyond the call.

Douglas Duckett

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Destination Experts Help

Looking forward to your trip report.

The folks here ARE amazing...I agree. They walked me through planning my last 3 trips and I could not have done it without them.

Kathy

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,398 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Destination Experts Help

And, of course, Kathy -- you have gone on to help so many more, particularly those looking for a "third way" to tour the country and evangelical Christian visitors.

Douglas Duckett

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,756 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Destination Experts Help

You are very welcome. AS a part time Israeli I help both in this forum and on the NYC--but since I travel more here---I am much more knowledgeable about Israel. BTW I must be more Israeli than American since I do not get my fix by helping, I get my fix by being here half the year! I help because I genuinely enjoy helping others. ( as I am sure others do to)

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,643 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Destination Experts Help

You are quite welcome

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Destination Experts Help

Nesia Tova...Bon Voyage !!

Dr. Z

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,643 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Destination Experts Help

Ooops, wrong forum ;)

Tho I did help one lady one time with directions in the golan. Pretty sure gave her wrong diretions (sent her to the wrong masada) but I'm sure she recovered.

Seriously, I want to echo what the OP said and say thanks to you all. You guys rock!! You dont appreciate this forum enough until you spend time on other forums