We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itineary advice

Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Itineary advice

We will be in Israel for 2 weeks in May. The first week is already committed in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. But then we have 6 days before we return. We want to visit both Galilee (base in Rosh Pina?) and the Negev (not Eilat). I will have a rental car, which I will return to the airport -- our flight is at midnight on our last day). So from Jerusalem, I am thinking of going north, then head south from Galilee via the Dead Sea for a night, then on to the Negev (possibly Kibbutz Lotan?) and then right to the airport. I know it's a lot of driving. Thoughts?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itineary advice

Rosh Pina's not a bad base for touring Upper Galilee and the Golan Heights if you want a B&B. If you're looking for a full-service hotel, then I suggest you consider Hagoshrim or Pastoral Kfar Blum kibbutz hotels, or the Ramot Resort.

No problem in driving south on Hwy 90 from Galilee to the Dead Sea region.

I see no strong justification to go as far south as Kibbutz Lotan. You might consider touring the Negev Highlands instead and stay overnight in Mitzpe Ramon.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,376 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itineary advice

I agree with Dave - there is no point going as far south as Lotan.

Here is a suggested itinerary:

Day 1 - Avdat, Sde Boker, Mitzpe Ramon

Day 2 - Massada & Ein Gedi

Day 3 - Bet Shean, Belvoir, Tiberius area

Day 4 - Banias, Tel Dan, Nimrod area

Day 5 - Akko, Rosh Hanikra

Day 6 - Haifa, Caesarea, Zikhron.

If you want less driving, omit Day 1 and spend another day in the Galilee - Zefat, Nazareth, Zippori, wineries, Golan etc, etc, etc.

3. Re: Itineary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2013, 09:19