We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

We will be in Tel Aviv in late June and are looking for a clean romantic hotel with breakfast included, on the sea shore. We hope to pay around $200 US, or less if possible. Clean is number one priority! Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

All of the hotels directly on the sea shore are large, characterless chain properties, not very romantic IMHO. If you go inland just a bit, you'll find some nice boutique properties that might be more what you're looking for.

One lovely boutique hotel in the heart of the gentrified inner core of the city is the Hotel Montefiore: http://www.hotelmontefiore.co.il/hotel.html

Edited: 03 May 2012, 16:05
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

Look at Cinema hotel. This used to be a movie-theather and some of the decor was kept. It is a charming hotel, breakfast is served on the roof. Its a short walk to the beach and in town center. Belongs to the Atlas chain www.atlas.co.il

Israel
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

Dave - I agree that the Montefiore Hotel is very charming, but it's way above the OP's budget.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,238 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

I would also consider the Melody Hotel and the Savoy Hotel -- my two faves.

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

I've never been here, but it looks nice (from the website at least):

http://www.atlas.co.il/shalom-hotel-tel-aviv/

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

Nice location, but it is 300$/night

Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

Unfortunately, with a budget of $200 USD you will not be able to stay in a hotel that is located on the beach.

If you can increase your budget you will find that some 5 stars hotels in Tel Aviv offer special romantic packages.

If you are not able to increase the budget I will join the recommendations of staying in a boutique hotels that are not on the beach and are at least 10 minutes walking from the beach.

In the last few years some new boutique hotels had joined the hospitality family in Tel Aviv. Unfortunately I am not familiar with them. I can see that great reviews are given to: Eden House Premier and The Diaghilev.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

I can second Douglas' recommendation of the Melody. You're very short walk to the beach from there, the accomodations are clean and nice, free wi fi, breakfast in the lobby, free wine, lemonade, tea and snacks in the afternoons....I really like it. And the price would be within your budget, I believe.

Kathy

9. Re: Traveling to Tel Aviv for honeymoon and need a hotel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:41