We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kotel Tunnels and Palmach Museum

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,929 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Kotel Tunnels and Palmach Museum

This summer a friend is going to be visiting me in Israel. It is her first trip since 1971! We will be touring for 9 days. Last night we planned an itinerary and I just called Israel to make reservations for both the Kotel Tunnels and the Palmach Museum. We have exact days we want to go to each.

The Kotel tunnels for a day at the end of August--the choice offered was 8:30AM or 1:50PM--not exactly the mid morning tour I wanted.

The Palmach Museum was slightly better and I was able to get a 12:30 tour.

My point is, if you are traveling on your own and want to visit these places, it is imperative that you book your tours now so you are not disappointed.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,109 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kotel Tunnels and Palmach Museum

Thanks for the reminder - the reservations for these tours book up very quickly, especially in the summer.

For those looking for the Kotel Tunnels - there are often (especially in the summer) for tours quite late into the night -sometimes as late as 10 pm or more.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,801 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kotel Tunnels and Palmach Museum

I visited the Rabin Center Museum last week as art of an architectural tour. Although we walked through the Museum area very quickly, the exhibits look very impressive and moving and I definitely will be back for a thorough visit.

The museum is within walking distance of the Palmach Museum and also requires advance booking for tours:

rabincenter.org.il/Web/En/Museum/Default.aspx

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
144 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kotel Tunnels and Palmach Museum

Mbgg, for the Rabin Center it looks like you can take an unguided tour without reservations (maybe audio guide with earphones). Do you think it is important to have a guide? Are there explanations in English as well as Hebrew? We prefer to go at our own pace if possible. Thanks.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,801 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kotel Tunnels and Palmach Museum

The Rabin Center page says:

"The museum experience is guided by individual audio devices. These devices allow visitors to tour the museum at their own pace. The audio devices are offered in Hebrew, English and Arabic."

You can also phone or email them if you have any questions:

Tel: 03-745-3313 or 03-745-3319 (972-3-745... when dialing from abroad)

Email: Order1@rabincenter.org.il or Order2@rabincenter.org.il

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
144 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kotel Tunnels and Palmach Museum

Thanks - Sorry I missed that when I was looking at the site.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,267 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kotel Tunnels and Palmach Museum

Not sure why you want mid-morning which sort of makes you need to rush to get to the reservation. Whether you are in the Old City and walking from Jaffa Gate or beyond or getting to north Tel Aviv in the morning hours (by taxi? by rented car?).

I would take the 1:50 appointment in the middle of a hot day after touring the Jewish Quarter, eating a nice lunch and then leisurely walking down to the WW for the tour. After this you can go back to the hotel or continue touring in the Christian/Moslem quarters.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,929 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kotel Tunnels and Palmach Museum

Chana--Thanks for the advice. My appointments were all made before I even posted. I posted to share with others and try to impress the importance of those visiting this summer to get their act together and reserve NOW!

8. Re: Kotel Tunnels and Palmach Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:15