Me and the other half really fancy a trip to Israel and I have done a fair bit of reading on this forum and on the net, however I am still a little overwhelmed and stuck. Be really appreciative for any responses you can give to my initial queries:
1. We plan to come for around 8 nights. I assume maybe 3 nights in Tel Aviv, a couple in Jerusalem and a bit of a road trip for the other 3 nights would be a good mix?
2. Which places/sights would be a must do outside of Tel Aviv/Jerusalem (considering we have will around 3 or 4 days to explore the other these via a car)
3. Is a hotel budget that averages out over the whole stay of around 350 shekel per night realistic?
4. West Bank - worth going to? I assume takinga hire car into there is a bad idea (and doubt many hire companies allow it?)
5. Is September a good time to visit, or will it be too hot for anything but the beach?
In terms of our interests, we are two guys in our early 30's. No religious at all, and love eating out and bars, but also love culture and ancient history - plus natural beauty. Plus the occasional trip to the beach.