We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IR - David - Enchanted Jerusalem Tours

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
IR - David - Enchanted Jerusalem Tours

Hello -

When I went to this website - it said "enchanted Jerusalem tours - Hebrew" ---- does this mean it is done in Hebrew not English???

thanks,

Eva

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,665 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IR - David - Enchanted Jerusalem Tours

Which website ? Are you referring to a tour given by http://www.cityofdavid.org.il ? You should contact them directly if you have any questions such as this.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,511 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IR - David - Enchanted Jerusalem Tours

mbgg, this might be another outfit offering City of David tours. As you know, anyone can take people through the City of David, not just the Ir David Foundation. Personally, I like to avoid the Ir David Foundation because of its political overtones.

Douglas Duckett

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,593 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IR - David - Enchanted Jerusalem Tours

The tours the OP is referring to are, indeed, offered by the Ir David Foundation.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,511 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IR - David - Enchanted Jerusalem Tours

Thanks for the clarification, David.

Douglas Duckett

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IR - David - Enchanted Jerusalem Tours

If it says -Hebrew, the tour will be in Hebrew. There are some tours which are not offered in English. I would phone them to make sure.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,690 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IR - David - Enchanted Jerusalem Tours

If you look at the Summer 2012 tour section ( reached via the tour section on the top) it say that Thursday at 9PM is being done in English. Send them an email via the contact us section They are very prompt. I had to do this since the automatic booking section is not uptodate.

re: the "political overtones " that Douglas mentions. Ir David

The City of David pre-dates the city of Jerusalem,.It is where KIng David had his kingdom and where the early history of the Jewish people in Israel took place. If you visit you can see many places that are described in the Bible and the connection is clear.

The City of David tells the story of the establishment of Jerusalem. The archeology tells the story of this history and finds are really something special.

The in house tours use this as fact that Jerusalem should be a Jewish city ( with open access by all members of other religions) You can go and disagree but if that is offensive to you..than maybe you shouldn't visit. The archeology is what it is. note: I do not see being offensive as a synonym to disagreeing.

7. Re: IR - David - Enchanted Jerusalem Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2013, 10:16