We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel4all

NYC area
Level Contributor
426 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Israel4all

Has anyone here actually used Israel4all? I searched the forums and found several references to it, but no one who has actually used it. I am particularly interested in renting a scooter from them and determining where a scooter can be used, but any information from people who have used them would be appreciated.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,325 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel4all

Are you talking scooter like mini-motorcycle or are you talking scooter for someone who has difficulty walking? Knowing this will help answer where it cn be used.

NYC area
Level Contributor
426 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel4all

Scooter for someone who has difficulty walking.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,658 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel4all

You should be able to use a scooter in much of the New City of Jerusalem. In the Old City you can use it in most of the Jewish Quarter. There are also ways to get down to the Kotel with it. It will be a huge pain in the Christian and Moslem Quarters.

It will be fine in most museums but not in archaeological parks.

NYC area
Level Contributor
426 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel4all

Thank you Oreet. The Jewish Quarter is most important to me. I also enjoy just meandering around neighborhoods and exploring. A scooter will probably come in handy then. It will also be great to have in big museums. Do you know if I can get to the Tower of David light show with a scooter? I am guessing it will come in handy in Tel Aviv too. I am also guessing that i will not be able to use it at Masada. What about Safed and Acco?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,658 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel4all

Tel Aviv yes, even Masada it should work for most parts of the mountain top - there are one or two spots that you won't be able to get to with a scooter - such as the bath house and of course the northern palace - but then again that requires going down about 5 flights of stairs.

Safed is not scooter friendly, Most of Akko can work with the scooter - you may need to back track here and there and perhaps miss one or two spots. It might work with the Tower of David light show - you need to come in the exit - have your touring partner go in the main entrance and explain the situation, they should let you in the back.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,910 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel4all

Remember where there is a will there is a way. Many important sites are scooter friendly. You have received accurate information frome Oreets. Would like to point out that even Zfat is possible to a certain extent but requires going around the -very- long way to several sites. Let us know where else you are interested in touring to let you know about any potential difficulties.

Chana

Israel

7. Re: Israel4all

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 10:17