We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

Ft Washington
1 post
Save Topic
border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

What is the visa one needs to re-enter Jordan after visiting Jerusalem?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,122 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

If you plan on entering Jordan from Israel via the Hussein/Allenby bridge you must obtain a visa from the consulate nearest you home city. If you are coming by plane to Amman, crossing into Israel and back to Jordan you should contact the Jordanian Consulate and ask if you must obtain a visa in advance. Note that if you enter Jordan from the northern Hussein/Beit Shean border or the southern Arava/Rabin crossing you do not need a visa in advance of your trip, you will be issued one at the crossing.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,690 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

The best place to be assured an accurate answer is to talk to the local ( USA) Jordanian embassy, The second best place would be to talk to people on the Jordanian forum.

I am not saying the info above is wrong, I just feel we are not the best source.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

When you enter Jordan you will be required to purchase a visa at the airport, currently (If my memory serves me correctly) 20 Dinars (they only accept Dinars for this or you can pay with an approved credit card).

If you use the King Hussain/Allenby crossing and return from Jerusalem using this crossing, you do not need to obtain another Visa. That is assuming you are still within your 30 day visa limit.

The Jordanians do not stamp your passport on leaving Jordan via this route as they consider you are entering the West Bank which they still regard as their territory. In other words when you re=enter Jordan they consider you never left. However, this only works at this crossing. If you exit at one of the other crossings your passport will be stamped with an exit stamp and you will need a new Visa (sorry I can't help with this)

If you use the KH/Allenby crossing make sure you get there early as the queues can be very long. I was there at 7.30am for the first crossing at 8am and there were many people in front of me.

Allow about 3 hours from leaving Jordan until arriving in Jerusalem.

I should add that I have an EU passport and this is the procedure for Europeans. I doubt it is different for US passport holders I am pretty sure US can obtain the 30 day Visa at the Airport but you might want to check this out.

Don't worry about the KH?Allenby crossing, it is chaotic but fun and you will meet lots of other travellers in the queue.

I did the Jordan/Israel crossing (not the return) in June and if you have any questions I am happy to answer,

Amman
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

Hi,

I am an American who will be crossing the southern border between Jordan and Israel and then returning via the northern border. I have a second passport because I am living in Amman this year and will hopefully be visiting Lebanon in the spring.

Has anyone had any luck asking Jordanian border guards to stamp a piece of paper when entering Israel via the southern border crossing? I will then present my second passport to the Israeli guards and do the reverse at the northern border crossing (have my Israeli exit stamp put in the second passport and then present my original passport with multi-entry visa to Jordan when entering back in Jordan).

I have a 6 month multi-entry visa so I am assuming the Jordanian guards will not make me buy a new visa to get back into Jordan, although I've been told they might. At this point, I assume they will not put a new visa on a stamp of paper.

Any recent experience with these crossing would be helpful!

Thank you.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,915 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

To the best of my knowledge Jordanian officials will not stamp a piece of paper - but your question is confusing. If you have a second passport, why not just use that one for this trip - that way you will have your other passport with no evidence of visiting Israel so you will be able to go to Lebanon.

If you have an exit stamp from Jordan at the Araba crossing even without having an entry to Israel, it isn't rocket science to figure out where you went.

Manila, Philippines
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

i will be joining the norwegian holy land cruise on april 6, 2013..the ship docks in haifa, israel( the other port is ashdod,israel with w/c i intend to do the jerusalem/footsteps of jesus tour). from haifa, israel, i would like to go to petra for a day tour of the lost nabatean city of petra..the ship docks on a thursday in haifa at 6 am and leaves at 7pm( going to ashdod the following day).. from the petra tour, it is ok if we just stay overnight in jerusalem from petra and just catch the ship in ashdod the following day.. i have read an article that in the arava and aqaba border, there are many travel agencies there doing the petra tour( or i can book in advance)..my problem is the trip from haifa to arava border...can i take the bus? if yes, how much is the fare and how long is the travel time? how often is the trip there? and when i come back to arava, which bus is available from arava to jerusalem? trip schedule? thank you. hope someone could help me..

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

I suggest that you start your own thread rather than hijacking this one.

Is it correct that you have exactly two days in Israel - the boat arrives in Haifa on Thursday morning and leaves Ashdod on Friday (what hour?)

Manila, Philippines
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

Sorry. I am not good with the technical aspect of tripadvisor like 'starting my own thread'. I just thought the topic is related so I posted my questions. Thanks anyway.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,690 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

I can't see what you want to do working. There are too many variables and the ship will not wait for you.

However, How to start a thread

At the top and bottom of the page you will see in blue it says, "ask a question': That is a link. If you click on it you can start a thread. Type you question--or statement. (Type it carefully since there is no way to edit it after you submit it. )

You also have to indicate which forum you want the question in. If it is a general Israel question, the default "appears" to be Israel, but you will have to move to something else and then back to Israel. If you just leave it, the computer will not accept your question. It is really easy.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: border crossing -Jordan to Israel and back

Just click on "Ask a question" at the top and bottom of this page :-)

Please add the exact dates & times your ship arrives in Haifa and departs from Ashdod !