We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap ideas needed!

3 posts
Save Topic
cheap ideas needed!

I will be staying with family in Israel from September through January. so excited! I am looking to perhaps spend some time either in October or November traveling to other places. I am American and figure why not take advantage of Israel's central location. any ideas or suggestions? I'm totally open! I am looking for cheap and easy mostly. Greece? India? what would you suggest? Thanks!!! :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap ideas needed!

India is not "close," but would be inexpensive once there. I would start by exploring airfares. Israel is typically NOT a cheap place to fly into or out of.

Douglas Duckett

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap ideas needed!

Your question is just too vague to properly answer.

To travel overland from Israel is very difficult and Douglas already pointed out how air travel in and out of Israel is quite expensive.

One option for a trip is to go to the nighboring country of Jordan.

One can easily spend a week or so there exploring places like the Dead Sea, Madaba, Jerash, Petra, Wadi Rum, Amman, Kerak Castle, and more.

Do you have a budget?

Dr. Z

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,688 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap ideas needed!

There are cheap flights from Israel to some European destinations on budget (no-frills) airlines. Search www.whichbudget to see what's available. There is no standard always-cheap-to-specific-destination airline. It depends on a lot of factors, how soon you book, the time of year, day of the week and so on.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap ideas needed!

I think Dr. Z's idea of exploring Jordan is your best option. Maybe Turkey?

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap ideas needed!

You can get 3-5 nights packages of flight+hotel in the Greek Isalnds or Malta or Bulgaria. Packages start at 500$. You'll pay extra for single but still it is cheap.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
290 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap ideas needed!

Jordan or Egypt by overland

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap ideas needed!

Turkey greece and Cyprus. You can get to all by water.

India?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,766 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap ideas needed!

Unless political situations change drastically between now and then I would not go to Egypt.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap ideas needed!

CFSUN - he can go by water only if he swims. Almost no boats, ferreis etc... from Israel unless you own a yacht.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,620 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cheap ideas needed!

First of all don' t book anything till you get to Israel as package deals are less expensive.

Crete is a great vacation spot. Cheap is Prague, Burgas, Varna, Antalya , Berlin, Vienna, Budapest. Malta packages are interesting but usually for a week. There are fly and drive packages to Slovenia, Slovkia and northern Italy. Or you could go on a cruise to the Greek Isles starting from 3 days. These in addition to what has already been listed.

Chana

Israel