We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in the north

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,017 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Eating in the north

As promised a recap of our food adventure in the North including pictures, maps, etc. Hope some can find this useful

And for those wondering I'm not the one with the beard.

eatingwithziggy.com/2012/…

Jerusalem and Tel Aviv coming up soon

Edited: 28 August 2012, 23:10
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,281 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating in the north

Very interesting, but the top picture doesn't seem to be from Israel -- or is it?

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,118 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating in the north

Love your blog - what a great continuation to your trip reports. I really enjoy your style of presentation. Great choice of picture for the top of your North Israel entry :) -- and thanks for the credit for the referral.

Now you have me waiting with bated breath for the rest of the Israel installments.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
790 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating in the north

I enjoyed reading your blog, and I definitely think it will last more than the three months that you envision! Glad to see that there are NYC recommendations. Thanks!

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating in the north

Wonderful!

Thank you!

Kathy

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,017 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating in the north

Chana, that's the Lachuch guy of Safed. I think his name is Ronen, quite the character. Hopefully he sees this eventually.

Too funny Abcd, I see you read a bit more.

There's another writer there as you may have noticed called the Hummus whisperer who didn't accompany us on this trip. The Jerusalem post (hopeully very soon Oreet before I start forgetting details) will make him wish he did.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,017 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating in the north

Sorry about the delay folks. I'm Just about over the post trip depression and slowly getting the energy back

Jerusalem was light in comparison to the other places food wise. You find yourself eating in museums or other tourist attractions often. But we still managed to get our hands on some yummy stuff

eatingwithziggy.com/2012/…

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,963 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating in the north

Great blog. The Lachuch guy was dressed traditional but in grey when I was there two weeks ago!

--and it was good. So, thanks to you for asking the question so Oreets could give the answer that sent us all to the restaurant!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,118 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating in the north

Thanks for sharing more of your culinary adventures - loved the pictures of Machane Yehuda - one of my favorite places. Without starting the humus wars again - I think Rachmu is a great place to experience.

Glad I was able to introduce so many people to the Lachuch guy - have to find out the "proper" name of that place :)

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating in the north

I sent someone to Abu Suhil in Akko today. The report - great hummus, no tea, over-airconditioned, no toilet seat in loo.

10. Re: Eating in the north

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 September 2012, 23:17