We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

In either plan, we will spend some time in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Dead Sea.

The difference is........

Plan 1 involves going from Tel Aviv to Beit Shean (stopping at Gan Hashlosha on the way for a few hours) and then on to Hamat Gader spa village hotel for 2 nights....relaxing, and touring the sea of galilee/lake area. Also the Tiberias Water and Lights show sounds fun.

Plan 2 involves going from Tel Aviv to Eilat (Forgetting gan hashlosha and hamat gader).....where we'll spend 2 nights and do the dolphin reef, a 1 hour eilat marina cruise and timna park night tour.

Plan 3: Alternatively, we could do Plan 2.....but do a day trip to Gan Hashlosha only from tel aviv. although i dont know if the time spent driving and the fuel costs are worth it....although it looks very pleasant and beautiful from the pictures.

Which plan is best?

Grafitiyul
Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Night Tours
What's Up Observatory
Observatories & Planetariums, Night Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
TLVnights
Bars & Clubs, Night Tours, Private Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Taste Jerusalem - Shuki Haidu
City Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

What time of year are you planning this? The weather should be a big influence.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

June

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,868 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

Plan 2. Tiberias is hot in June, but Eilat is hotter, and I think the Lake Kinneret area generally has more to see, not to mention not as much driving.

To be fair, the heat in Eilat will be more of a dry heat, while the Kinneret region can be quite humid.

Douglas Duckett

Edited: 16 January 2013, 22:36
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

Thanks Labatt

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

Hmmm, hot springs in June, it wouldn't be my choice! However, there is so much to see and do around the Galilee with lots of water based activities like the kayaking and hiking through the water or getting wet under waterfalls, swimming in the Jordan- I love this area.

On the other hand the desert is a special place but June will be hot and places like Timna have little relief from the heat. The small artificial lake there is not for swimming. The marina cruise isn't really anything special but if swimming with the dolphins and snorkeling is your thing, it is a perfect place to go and you will enjoy the water in the heat.

I think it is quite a personal decision.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,093 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

Nobody here can tell you what to do because your decision should be based on your own personal interests and preferences, not ours. Eilat is a beach resort and nothing more. If you like lounging around hotel swimming pools, lying on the beach, snorkeling, etc, then by all means go to Eilat. But if you prefer nature, hiking, history, archaeology, etc, then drop Eilat and spend as much time as possible in the Galilee.

It's as simple as that and it's your decision !

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,919 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

I think mbgg gave you the best summary. Both places can be brutally hot and both places are very very different. It is what you prefer, not what we think is better.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

Beit Shean is incredibly hot as well.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

Due to the heat of summer, I would avoid Hamat Gader and Beit Shean in June.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,093 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which plan sounds better 1 or 2?

I would go to Bet Shean to see the ruins as early as possible (when it opens), then head over to Gan Hashlosha when it gots really hot by the afternoon. You can end the day by visiting the ancient synagogue in Bet Alfa.