We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waiting area at Ben Gurion

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Topic
Waiting area at Ben Gurion

Hi,

My question is, I'm arriving at Ben Gurion at 1am from FRA. My traveling companions will arrive 6 hours later, at 7am.

Can I wait in the airport? Is there any coffee-place etc open at those hours? Or any transit hotel

Appreciate any input. Thank you.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waiting area at Ben Gurion

We have no airport hotel at Ben Gurion Airport. Why would you possibly want to wait at the airport for six hours? What is your first destination in Israel? Tel Aviv or Jerusalem? I'd simply head straight to your hotel and get some rest.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,376 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waiting area at Ben Gurion

The airport is very busy at night and there are several coffee shops open upstairs at the departure level. There are no hotels at the airport. If you are considering one, then just go to initial destination when you arrive and book an extra night. Note that Tel-Aviv is only 30 minutes form the airport and Jerusalem about 45 minutes.

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waiting area at Ben Gurion

Thank you Dave.

I'm not sure where my tour starts from, Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. The tour guide is suppose to meet us at 7am at the airport. Probably I need to arrange with them to meet me first.

Thank you so much.

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Waiting area at Ben Gurion

Thank you mbgg.

Can I clear customs & immigrations and then head up to the departure level, to the coffee shops?

If I can't do that, then I gotta book an extra night at a hotel.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waiting area at Ben Gurion

Sure you can clear customs and then sit in a coffee shop for six hours. The airport is open 24 hours a day. But might it make more sense to splurge for an extra night at the hotel and get some rest?

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Waiting area at Ben Gurion

Thanks Dave.

If there's free wifi, I don't mind waiting. Lol.

I'm on a budget, if I don't need to spend an extra night at a hotel, I'd rather not. :)

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waiting area at Ben Gurion

Have you tried to change your flight ?

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Waiting area at Ben Gurion

I have not booked my flight to TLV yet.

I must book to separate tickets. SIN-FRA-SIN and FRA-TLV-FRA

I will be flying in from Singapore to FRA or I can fly to any other European city to connect to TLV... But on my return, I need to depart from FRA back to SG.

I tried booking two separate carriers to TLV, its very costly. AMS-TLV-FRA or CDG-TLV-FRA. Tried KLM Air France Lufthansa..., one-way bookings are more ex. Makes sense to book a round trip with one airline.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waiting area at Ben Gurion

> I must book to separate tickets. SIN-FRA-SIN and FRA-TLV-FRA

Have you tried through EL AL? (the main Israeli airline)

As far as I know, you can book the whole trip (SIN to TLV) through EL AL and they will take care of your leg from Singapore to Bangkok or Hong Kong (From which they have a direct flight). Maybe it's a better option for you, try to check it out.

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Waiting area at Ben Gurion

Hi Amos,

I work with Singapore Airlines. For the long haul flight to Europe, I'll be using my yearly staff ticket.