We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passover Seder 2013

Hobe Sound, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Passover Seder 2013

We will be in Israel over the Passover holiday, staying in Jerusalem, and would like to attend a seder on the first night of Passover. We have contacted various synagogues and the chabad in Jerusalem to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited: 14 February 2013, 17:47
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passover Seder 2013

All hotels offer a seder on the first night of Pesach. Some hotels have options for a communal seder and others also provide provide rooms where you can conduct your own seder.

Do brace yourself however. You may be shocked at just how expensive that festive meal is going to cost you. Passover is the single most expensive time of year to visit Israel.

If you are renting a holiday apartment, you might consider buying the food for the meal from a multitude of catering companies that offer that service. You could have your own seder and save a bundle.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passover Seder 2013

While I agree with Dave about renting an apartment, I think that you may benefit from having a Seder with the locals once. If you don't have any family or friends in Israel, given that you are coming a few days before the seder I am confident you can find a local family to do it with. From my experience, if you rent an apartment you may well end up doing the Seder with your new Israeli neighbours.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,450 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passover Seder 2013

Synagogues do not have seders in Israel, this is a family oriented holiday. If you are staying in a hotel, join the seder there (costs between $170-300 per person depending on the hotel) There is an organization that offers home hospitality that you could contact. I don't know if they arrange for seders but you could give it a try. Please send me a PM for namw and number.

Chana

Israel

Montreal, Quebec...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Passover Seder 2013

I am looking for a second Seder in Haifa for a student from my shul who is in Technion. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Rabbi Michael Whitman

rabbi@adath.ca

Israel
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Passover Seder 2013

hello MichaelWhitman,

I would suggest him to contact Tnufa representatives on campus (it's a scholarship for Jewish who wish to learn more about the religion) regardless of if he is signed the scholarship or not - they are very helpful with anything regarding religion... anyhow best to have him contact them to find out.

Edited: 12 March 2013, 00:49
Montreal, Quebec...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Passover Seder 2013

Thanks so much.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Passover Seder 2013

Hello Chana, I am Esther. My daughter Ilana and I will be in Israel for Passover. Other Sedar plans have fallen through. Would also like name, contact information for the hospitality center that might have information about Sedar possibilities. Thanks for your help.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Passover Seder 2013

Esther - I suggest you see other recent posts on this topic, and also start your own thread (you're commenting on a post that is a year old). As far as I know, it's also rather early in the year for any announcements about this kind of thing.

It might be a good idea to start by asking any friends/family/contacts that you have in Israel, or to contact a synagogue with which you have connections.

9. Re: Passover Seder 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 06:18