We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

Ephraim, Utah
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

Does anyone have a list of the parks where the pass does not work?

I know it does not work at the City of David. Does it work at the Jerusalem Archaeological Park just outside the Old City of Jerusalem? Does it work for the Israel Museum?

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

The Jerusalem Archeological Park is part of the Davidson Centre and the entrance and park is located inside the Dung Gate. It is not a National Park. The Israel Museum is not a National Park either, so no, it doesn't work there.

Here is the link to get the list of National Parks. These will be covered using the pass:

parks.org.il/parks/…default.aspx

If it loads in Hebrew, look for the English link to have it switch over. If you search all areas, you will get the list.

Ephraim, Utah
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

Thanks, very helpful.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

Here is the complete list of the sites included in the Park pass, updated to September 2012 in English:

http://old.parks.org.il/BuildaGate5/general2/data_card.php?Cat=~~~800557905~Card14~&ru=&SiteName=parks&Clt=&Bur=30440119

Edited: 16 February 2013, 16:07
Ny
Level Contributor
43 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

Tel Hazor

Since it's included in the ticket price, we went to the Hazor museum at Ayelet Haschachar after visiting Tel Hazor. It was closed. A woman working nearby told us that the manager at Tel Hazor has the only key. If so, why didn't he tell us, or offer to let us in? Not only did I pay for a service I didn't get, but this is no way to run an organization like the NPA (which didn't reply to an email query). Hope you have better luck at the sites you visit.

I'd recommend Megiddo as a must see.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,748 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

I agree that is irritating, but a relatively minor glitch like that seems poor reason to label the entire National Parks Administration as ineffectual. When you travel, stuff happens -- in Israel and in this country.

How do you suppose visitors from abroad felt coming to places like Washington or the major national parks out west a few weeks back only to find ALL of them shut down because of dysfunctional politicians?

However you cut it, the 14-day park pass is a real deal, and hugely convenient. And you get a nice souvenir at the end -- a card with every place you visited punched out.

Douglas Duckett

Edited: 26 October 2013, 20:07
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,458 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

The Ayelet HaShachar Museum is not part of the parks authority and thus not included in the punch card entrance. In any case theuseum had been closed to visitors for awhile which is why you could not visit it. Maybe on your next trip. Visit the Israel Museum for Hazor artifacts.

Chana

Israel

Ny
Level Contributor
43 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

Thank you for the update, Chana. I had hoped to see more Hazor relics than the taste at the Israel musem, more like the incredible Tisch family donation of the Dayan "collection" (provenance aside).

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

Apparently the City of David is now included on the card according to their information though haven't used one there. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,458 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

The punch card is NOT included in the City of David, 100% for sure. It is included in the Matmon yearly pass that Israelis can purchase.

Chana

Israel

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Israel National Parks 14 Day Pass

Technically, you don't have to pay anything to enter the City of David - only to enter certain parts of the site (eg Hezekiah's tunnel) and if you choose to take one of the City of David's guides.