We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiberias

lakewood
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tiberias

Can anyone suggest some kid-friendly activities to do in Tiberias?

Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiberias

There are lots of activities to do in the area with kids. Of course, it depends how old your children are and assuming you have a car. I have a document I put together of activities for kids and teens in Israel which has quite a few suggestions form the north. If you would like the list which is too long to put on tripadvisor, please send me a private message with your email address and I will send it to you. I am just a tourist and have no interests, personal or business, in any of the suggestions I make and have used almost every single one of the suggestions myself.

To help out others with their responses to this question it would be helpful if you say when you are coming, how old your children are, if our family has any particular interests, and how long you will be in Tiberias (over Shabbat for example).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiberias

Boat trip on the Kinneret. You can take a big tourist boat with blaring music, a more quiet trip to Ein Gev on the other side or rent your own little motor boat.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiberias

Do you bicycle? if so, I recommend to hop to the Hula lake ("Agamon HaHula") where you can rent bikes and get a riden tour-guide around the lake with birdmigration spotting.

The hot springs at Hamat Gader can also be a good solution - they offer recreation for kids too.

I could offer more but, as anmejoshme posted, you should post the age brackets of your kids for us to get you more relevant advises.

lakewood
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiberias

Thanks to all for your posts.

As I've been asked, my children are younger: 5,7, 10 and 12. A boat ride and possibly the hot springs sounds up their alley. Is there a particular marina or boat rental place recommended?

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiberias

There's also a great water park called "Luna Gal" right nearby - www.yourway.co.il/Luna_Gal_Water_Park.html

6. Re: Tiberias

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 06:17