We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jordan River crossing - departure tax & costs

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
23,352 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Jordan River crossing - departure tax & costs

My guide book is out of date and I just did a search of this forum. There's up to date exit tax info for Allenby, but not for Jordan River crossing.

Please would somebody confirm or update whether this still is NIS 103 per person?

Also, how much is the shuttle bus - both passenger and luggage price?

Once again, I'm extremely grateful for the great responses from the regulars and DEs on this forum to all my queries.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
825 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jordan River crossing - departure tax & costs

I haven't used this crossing but found this. It is from August 2012 which is pretty up to date. They say 103NIS exit tax and at this crossing you can either take the bus or walk across the bridge. Scroll down the page, info is after Allenby.

themadtraveleronline.com/travel-tips/…

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jordan River crossing - departure tax & costs

Departure tax was updated to 105 NIS on 1.1.2013. Actaully, the departure tax is only 100 NIS (it used to be 98 NIS) but there is a 5 NIS commission if you pay the tax at the border itself (if you pay it ahead of time - in a post office, you don't pay commission. The nearest post office that has exit tax documents is at Beit She'an).

We would love to hear your insights and experiences about Israel when you will have the time to write.

3. Re: Jordan River crossing - departure tax & costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 06:16