We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport stamps

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
passport stamps

I have read on a few occasions that Israel no longer stamps passports when flying in or out of the country.

if true,, does this also cover the 3 land crossings between Israel and Jordan ?.

a link would be useful. Thanks all.

ciao

A99

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport stamps

Hi,

Since January 1st 2013 Israel does not stamp passports at Ben Gurion international airport.

The change will affect gradually all landing border crossing, I cannot tell if it's already in effect in all 3 land crossing between Israel and Jordan, but we've already got some reports that it is effective in some. I believe it would be in effect in all the land crossings (including with Egypt) by the end of 2013.

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport stamps

thanks for the update Amos, much appreciated.....

ciao

A99

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: passport stamps

how about when one arrives in Israel on a cruise ship in Ashdod? any stamps?

4. Re: passport stamps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 07:17