We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

san diego
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

We recently returned from a wonderful trip to Israel! Our trip was made that much better because of our fantastic private tour guide Oreet Segal. My relationship with Oreet began before our trip with many emails back and forth in addition to a skype conversation before making my final decision. We were 8 people, ages 20's to 70's. From a financial point of view the fee was the same or maybe even less per person than going with a tour group. There were many benefits of being on a private tour, in addition to doing what we wanted, when we wanted at the pace we wanted. Oreet designed the tours with our input and changed the plan as we went along as needed or wanted. She picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel. She was on time, full of information, offered ideas and suggestions when asked, was warm, friendly, and fun to spend the days with. In addition Oreet assisted us with other travel arrangements to and from Tel Aviv - Jerusalem. When hiring Oreet for our tours, she had a previous commitment on one of the days I request; she arranged another guide for us for that day, Suzanne Pomerantz who was also a wonderful guide, full of information, fun and easy to be with.

I am thrilled with our experience with Oreet, and Suzanne.

Next time we go to Israel Oreet will again be asked to be part of our family!

Oreet if you read this..... Thank you again from all 8 of us!!!!

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

Awwww what a lovely message! :)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,345 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

Prell-- I am so glad that you posted a very public review of Oreet and Suzanne. Oreet, for those who do not realize is Oreets, on this forum and she gives constantly, always helping posters with her expertise

Your pre-employment discussions with Oreet are textbook perfect for anyone who wants to hire a guide!

Villanova...
Level Contributor
132 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

I had a terrible guide for the first few days of my trip. A good guide make a huge difference.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

I am very pleased to hear of your great experience with Oreet. I am also glad to hear of your positive experience with Suzanne Pomeranz -- my own experience with her and that of several others was far more negative, and I would not recommend Suzanne personally. But any report on this forum, if honest and produced by a customer, is always welcome, and I thank you for sharing yours!

Douglas Duckett

Edited: 21 May 2013, 17:47
5. Re: our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 18:42
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

Prell, did Oreet work for Gateway to Israel? how many days did you do? I am torn between a large tour operator and a private tour. we may have 4-6 women going. any suggestions?

what was the price compared to a larger north american tour company?

thanks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

For what it's worth, with 4-6 women, you could easily hire your own guide, whether it is Oreet, or someone else, or a mix of different guides in different parts of the country. I would do that over being on a big-bus tour.

Douglas Duckett

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

With 4-6 participants you'll find that the premium private touring experience will actually be cost-effective and affordable. Your private licensed guide can provide a turnkey solution that includes help with lodging and other tourism services.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

Angthetravelbug.....I have done several trips to Israel with small groups....4 to 6 people including myself....using a private guide/driver for much of the trip with built-in independent days included. We have been able to have a full 14 days in the country as opposed to paying XXX number of $$$$ for usually only 8 actual days in Israel and we have done this at close to the same cost as that big bus tour. You should do whatever will make you the happiest! *smile*

Kathy

Paragon, Indiana, USA

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,345 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: our amazing private tour guide -Oreet

To answer the original question, I do not know if Oreet sometimes works for a tour company BUT I do know that Prell hired her directly. Once you have the name of a guide, it is better for all involved if you hire them directly. This way you are in direct contact and can work together to plan your trip.

edited to add: Just looked, she is on their list, but as I initially said, contact her directly. You can send her a PM via Trip advisor. Just click on her name and then on the left click "send Message"

Edited: 26 May 2013, 04:33