We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

Odense
Level Contributor
386 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

I'll be a few days in Jordan and Israel in late September. The time and ticket is fixed, no discussion. Very short time, but I'll be returning. My concern is: I have to cross Allenby Bridge from Jordan on Sep. 26th and return back the same way on Sep. 27 th

Is it open ? With normal opening times?

My alternative (which doesn't suit me very well) is to go there 1 or 2 days earlier or one day later (27th) and return back on the following day. Will that be any better?

My last alternative Arava Crossing or Sheikh Hussein (I have forgotten the Hebrew name). How are the opening times those days in the period from Sep. 24th to 28th?

Thanks in advance, you are always a very helpful forum!

Edited: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

Sept. 26 is a holiday, Sept 27th will have regular Friday hours.

The holiday schedule and any changes for Sept have not been announced yet.

Odense
Level Contributor
386 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

Thank you. What time can I expect the schedule to be published?

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

*bump*

Is there a pattern for closings around feast days? How about the beginning of Passover in mid April 2014?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,939 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

The schedule should be published some time in September. The border crossings are open on all holidays except Yom Kippur, usually with shorter hours(2-3 hours shorter). Crossing the Arava or Beit Shean crossing are less time consuming especially on Friday. However, the specific crossing should be determined by your itinerary and how you plan to get from there to your final destination.

Chana

Israel

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

Hi Chana

Thank you for the information. So crossing into Jordan from Eilat on Monday April 14th 2014(1st day of the Passover Holiday) should be on normal crossing hours? till 20:00? Or would they close early at sunset?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,939 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

It should be a normal day, but might have earlier hours, which have yet to be published. Once they are published you can arrange your schedule accordingly.

Chana

Israel

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

Hi Chana

Is it also true I cant reserve or buy bus tickets until 2 weeks prior ?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,159 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

Missika, that is correct. Bus tickets to and from Eilat can be reserved from two weeks before travel. (This applies throughout the year, in case you're wondering.) Since nobody can reserve more than two weeks in advance, the tickets won't be sold out. You can reserve even one hour (usually) before you want to travel - the bus company needs to know how many people are travelling and therefore how many buses to put on. The buses travel in convoy.

Note that online bookings can be made only in Hebrew. To book in English, call (03) 6948888. From outside Israel, +972 3 694 8888.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

Thank you shuffaluff

10. Re: Feasts and border crossings in late September 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 07:44