We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which days in tel aviv vs jerusalm?

phila
Level Contributor
205 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
which days in tel aviv vs jerusalm?

We can either spend out first days in tel aviv which would have us arrive (from airport) friday eve, have all day sat & sunday and then arrive in Jerusalem on wed eve, leaving sat early evening.

This would mean we would not be in TA when the Nahalat Binyamin market is open. Does that matter?

The other way has us arrive in Jerusalem on a friday eve.

I was thinking of starting in Tel A so if my first day Im jet lagged TA is 'easier' than Jerusalem. But is the market very special?

Sorry if this is confusing!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which days in tel aviv vs jerusalm?

The Nahalat Binyamin market is special but when thinking holistically I do not know if it is worth changing your trip around. I explained my reasoning in response to another of your questions. BTW when are you going to be in Israel? From Aug 5-17 there will be a very large Arts and Crafts festival in Jerusalem. There will be many many vendors as well as an international section and entertainment.

phila
Level Contributor
205 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which days in tel aviv vs jerusalm?

Thanks. We will be there in late Oct. I appreciated your last reply. Weighing the pros and cons of where to start!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which days in tel aviv vs jerusalm?

I don't think the Nahalat Benyamin arts&crafts is that special. Nice, but not a "must see". What else have you planned for Tel Aviv?

phila
Level Contributor
205 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which days in tel aviv vs jerusalm?

Am just starting my planning. First need to pin down my itinerary so I can book flights & hotels. If we do TA first will arrive early fri eve, prob do a private walking tour on Saturday and sunday shop, museums? Will leave with a rental car on Mon morning for an over night in Haifa area. Im sure I'll be back on with more questions!

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which days in tel aviv vs jerusalm?

The Bezalel Market in Jerusalem on Friday mornings is a delight with some quality crafts and well worth a visit. There is also the new First Station farmers' market on Thursday evenings and Friday mornings which you can add to your list. Don't change anything for Nahalat Binyamin in my opinion.

6. Re: which days in tel aviv vs jerusalm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 05:17