We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outstanding Tour Co. & Guide - Galilee, Jerusalem, Bethlehem

The Villages...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Outstanding Tour Co. & Guide - Galilee, Jerusalem, Bethlehem

June 2013

My husband and I just finished a cruise of the Holy Land. While in Israel, the ship docked for a night in Haifa and then a second night in Ashdod.

After a thorough research of various options for two one-day tours in Israel, we chose the services of Dina Tours. (email: dinatouring@gmail.com )

DIna was quick to respond to our emails, her costs were very fair (much lower than the cruise ship excursion fares), and the itinerary satisfied us. She was punctual and we had no trouble finding her at the designated meeting place.

After our small group of 16 gathered, she handed us off to our guide, ***Nurit Shalit***, and our mini bus driver.

The bus was clean, the air conditioning worked, and we felt safe in our driver's hands.

What was most notable was our guide. Nurit was organized, extremely knowledgeable, warm, and in control. I found myself listening intently to her narration while in the van and at each site.

We are Christians and wanted to visit as many of the holy sites as we could realistically see over the course of 2 days. We understood that we did not sign up for a pilgrimage, but rather a conventional and typical tour.

That said, we were surprised and pleased that, although Nurit is a Jew, she had scripture prepared at each site and invited members of the group to read verses from her bible related to the particular holy site. This was definitely value added to our experience.

Nurit's English is excellent. She has a wonderful sense of humor and it is clear that she loves her country and is proud of its historical story.

Life is a trade-off, and all was not perfect. The itinerary mentioned "pass by Cana" and that's what we did. We've been married for 47 years and would love to have visited one of the two churches in Cana...be careful to read the fine print!

I am still salty that we had to pay between $3-$3.50 for each diet coke or water and had no time to shop for food in the local markets. Lunch was excellent but pricey $12-24 per person, not including the diet coke!! (We would have preferred to save the time and eat on the run, but understood we were in the minority. Most of our group enjoyed the lunch break.)

Over the two day period, we had 30 minutes to shop for souvenirs, which was just fine with us.

My husband and I would give this two day touring experience with Nurit an excellent rating and would not hesitate for a second to recommend it to others.

If you're interested in shopping, fine dining, and other than Christian sites, this particular itinerary would not work for you. This tour company can delivery any itinerary you would like, but be sure to choose the itinerary that meets your needs.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,458 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outstanding Tour Co. & Guide - Galilee, Jerusalem, Bethlehem

It sounds like you had a great trip, keeping in mind that on a group tour it is difficult to please everyone at all times. The cost of drinks and meals is average for Israel snd the itinerary takes into consideration various factors whsn deciding where/when to stop. In general group cruise tours do not stop in Cana.

Nourishment is important on anu tour, not just for the tourists but also for the guide and driver who are working about 12 hours straight with only lunch as as a short break.

I sm sure that Dina tours can also offer a pdivate guide experience with a tailor made itinerary to fit the needs of the individual traveler as opposed to a set group itinerary.

Chana

Israel

2. Re: Outstanding Tour Co. & Guide - Galilee, Jerusalem, Bethlehem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 05:18