We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petra guides

Dallas, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Petra guides

Need some information on hiring a guide for Petra.

Thanks

Sandy

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petra guides

Are you doing a day trip from Israel or staying in Jordan overnight?

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petra guides

If you are going to Petra from Israel, you can arrange a group or private guided tour from Eilat. Several companies offer this service. The one I like best is Desert Eco-Tours. They do private, semi-private and group tours of one, two or three days or longer. They make arrangments for a Jordanian guide who will meet you at the border.

If you are planning on doing this independently or from Jordan, ask on the Jordan forum and they can give you names and contacts.

Boston
Level Contributor
67 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petra guides

We used Faleh Salamin as our guide of Petra. I would highly recommend him.

He will pick you up at the boarder but we took a taxi as we didn't know what time we would be there. He met us at our hotel in Petra.

He did drive us back to Aqaba after hiking Petra. You can reach him at faleh76@yahoo.com

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Petra guides

Dear Sandy ,

You 're most welcome to Jordan .

Unfortunately , i will not recommend you a special person and telling you that that person is the best in his domain ( guiding ) , Because all of licensed tour guides in Jordan are very good and most of them are professionals .

For more information about guides in Jordan you can contact the Jordan Guides Association , and be in a direct contact with a lot of tour guides , check their availability etc

tourguides.com.jo/index.php/tour-guides.html

Regards ,

5. Re: Petra guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2013, 17:22
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,229 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Petra guides

I join in recommending Desert Eco Tours -- that's whom I am using in November. Consistently great reports on this forum over several years.

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Petra guides

If you are going from Eilat, I also recommend doing so via one of the Israeli operators such as Thru-us or Ahalan Olympus. Should you choose to do the tour on your own I propose using the link posted above or posting on the Jordanian forum.

Chana

Israel

8. Re: Petra guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 18:35
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Petra guides

We used Jordan Select Tours 2 weeks ago.( http://www.select.jo/ ) I choose them over Desert Eco because Jordan Select provided a private tour (instead of a group tour) of Petra and were less expensive. They are members or a number of agencies, including ASTA. They will meet you anywhere on the Jordan side of the border. We were very pleased.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Petra guides

Oops! I "chose" them. Sorry!