We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Al and King David Lounge at JFK

Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
El Al and King David Lounge at JFK

Can anyone tell me how far in advance one can check in at JFK? What time does the King David lounge open up? What kind of food do they have there? Have not been to this lounge before.

Thanks for all!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,690 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Al and King David Lounge at JFK

You can check in 3 hours in advance. I am not sure what time the lounge opens since I live relatively close by and don't get there that early. The lounge has two sections--business and first class. I believe those who pay for lounge access only go to the business section. I can not report on the first class section since I fly business.

The food in the business is usually salads, soup, some cheeses and cake. ( all dairy) There is an assortment of soft drinks and wine. It is not a place for a large meal, but it serves my purposes. ( and although I live close I am closing up my home for months so I do need to eat)

Further questions you should use the email link on the EL Al site.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
358 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Al and King David Lounge at JFK

For really accurate information on opening times you should ask El Al (on the website) or your travel agent.

El Al has up to 4 flights a day in summer from JFK so the lounge is probably open a lot. To the best of my knowledge the check-in counters open 4 hours before flights - but check this!

The food is pretty good, and always kosher, if that is an issue for you.

Even at Newark, where El Al shares a lounge, there are ALWAYS kosher options.

Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Al and King David Lounge at JFK

This was perfect! Thank you for your info!

Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Al and King David Lounge at JFK

Thanks for you help. I am new to Tripadvisor and am so pleased with everyone's willingness to help with insights.

5. Re: El Al and King David Lounge at JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:19