We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Church School Services question

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Church School Services question

Jerusalem folks....I am in need (big time!) of somebody to check for me (if possible) on this bookstore which is right up the street from the Garden Tomb. I have worked with this ministry for years sending donations, taking in requested items and so on. For the past 2 or 3 months I have tried contacting them and cannot. The couple who manage it are Remi and Laura. It is a Christian bookstore that caters to Arabic speaking folks. I just need to know that they are still there and functioning and perhaps I could get a phone number. I've always contacted via email or snail mail, but, have no phone number. This is something dear to my heart. If anybody is in Jerusalem and could check on this any time soon it would be hugely appreciated by me. Thank you.

Kathy

Paragon, Indiana

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Church School Services question

Do you have the store's name or address? If you used smail mail you should have it. With an address I can check from Tel Aviv by phone. I'll probably can find the phone number.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Church School Services question

Unfortunately I do not have a phone number nor a physical address. Donations are sent to an address in the States. My friend, Theresa, was here today and she THINKS she has the phone number at home. If I get it (HOPE I DO) I will post it here. Thank you for your kindness!

Kathy

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,650 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Church School Services question

Kathy, if you don't have success in getting the phone number, perhaps someone from one of the local churches may know. There's a Baptist church in the Arab quarter of Jerusalem. Perhaps the pastor would know. http://www.baptistjerusalem.com/

Also, since you said it is close by, maybe someone at the Garden Tomb may know them. There is a contact email on their website also.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Church School Services question

: 011-972-2-626-4258 is the telephone number at CSS. Shoshi .....if you would call it would mean a lot....just tell Laura that Kathy Walters and Theresa Burris are both trying to contact them and haven't been successful for a number of weeks. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Kathy

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Church School Services question

9.15 am here on Shabbat. I just phoned the number, no answer.

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Church School Services question

Called twice today. No answer. I'll try tomorrow again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,780 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Church School Services question

You all just rock. Thanks so much for helping Kathy.

Kathy, I remember that place -- quite special. My third-floor office still has the hanging you got there (I think).

Douglas Duckett

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Church School Services question

Thanks, everybody. Hopefully once Monday comes somebody will be there to answer the phone. It would make a little sense that they could be closed on Saturday and I know they would be on Sunday.....THANKS for these attempts and perhaps a call on Monday will be successful.

Douglas...yes! The hanging I gave you is from that very store....*smile*

Kathy

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Church School Services question

I called today and they were open. The husband answered, said they were closed for the weekend and that are fine. He asked me which email you were using. Could you PM me the email addresses you used? I could call again and ask for a fax number.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Church School Services question

Thanks. I pm'd you.

Kathy