We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days in Israel

New Yotk
4 posts
Save Topic
8 days in Israel

4 women travelling in Israel for 8 days, please help me plan my itinerary:

Tuesday August 20 shopping & Kotel (what's the best way to get to the Kotel? Is car rental advisable?)

Wednesday Kever Rachel (how to go?) & hopes of Chevron (is it possible to go to Chevron & safe?)

Thursday Dead Sea (is it possible to get a day pass at the Crowne Plaza and how to go about it? Also, what is the best way to get there from Jlem?)

Sunday Tsfat? Is it possible to do in one day? How? And what is the best way to get to see the Kevarim and the synagogues of Tsfat? Is it suggested to drive a car to the North?

Also, places to exchange dollars?

Cell phones?

Any advice given would be appreciated!

Mahane Yehuda Market
Flea & Street Markets
Nachlat Binyamin Pedestrian Mall
Flea & Street Markets, Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days in Israel

Where are you staying? Jerusalem? If so, wht area?

New Yotk
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days in Israel

Jerusalem, Ramot Bet (in a friend's apartment)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,781 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 days in Israel

You don't need a car to the Kotel and shopping, take public transportation or a taxi. There is no parking in the area in anycase.

Kever Rachel and Hevron are easily accessed by bus, but I suggest visiting these two places on seperate days due to the logistics of publuc transportation to these sites((PM me about the logistics). You can go to Zfat in a rental for one day and visit kvarim but I don't suggest it due to the long(2.5 hours) each way on crowded roads which will not give you much quality time to visit the sites you want to. In any case you will need the car for two days so I suggest staying overnight in Zfat for a better experience.

Keep the car and drive down to the Dead Sea the following day(overnight in Jerusalem). Day passes are availabe at all hotels on day if arrival for about ₪140 per person.

Chana

Israel

4. Re: 8 days in Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:17