We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Tel Aviv and Akko (day return)

england
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
1 review
Save Topic
from Tel Aviv and Akko (day return)

from what I've read it looks like the train from Tel Aviv Savidor Train Station to Akko is better than going by bus. Is the train a direct route, I dont have to change at Haifa?

also, would you recommend reserving seats on this train?

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,418 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Tel Aviv and Akko (day return)

When do you plan to go? Best days are Monday - Wednesday. Take a train that goes all the way to Nahariya and get of at Akko. It is easy and comfortable than buses. Reserving tickests is done when you buy your ticket, the extra pay is very small so why not?

Mentioned in this post
Nahariya
Nahariya
Northern District, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,210 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: from Tel Aviv and Akko (day return)

No contest between train and bus for this journey! Not only are there direct trains; there are no direct buses and it would take forever by bus (or any road transport) in the heavy traffic round Haifa Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
england
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: from Tel Aviv and Akko (day return)

thanks, Id just read about that heavy traffic around Haifa Bay, so wanted to avoid that,

Not sure when I'm going yet, I'm planning early, this next trip is not while next July/August. I'm assuming the trains are air conditioned?

Mentioned in this post
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,561 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from Tel Aviv and Akko (day return)

Yes, the trains are air-conditioned.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from Tel Aviv and Akko (day return)

Here is the train website with schedule and cost, Very useful for planning any time. Schedule remains the same during summer.

http://www.rail.co.il/EN/Pages/Homepage.aspx

6. Re: from Tel Aviv and Akko (day return)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:16