We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

Coventry
Level Contributor
258 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

Hi again,

We will be travelling by train (then taxi) from Tel Aviv to Caesarea and onto Nazareth after. We will have our luggage with us. Is there anywhere at Caesarea to store our luggage whilst we look around? (am really hoping that there is somewhere)

Thanks in advance again.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

This question has been asked a few times in the past. There really isn't anyplace to store luggage in Ceasarea. I have seen people ask at the ticket booth on arrival and the answer was no. There isn't room and of course, there are always security considerations. I wonder if you could take the taxi and then have him wait for you (with your luggage). Of course there would be a waiting fee but it would enable you to have someplace to keep your luggage and be able to leave when you are ready without having to call another taxi.

Another option might be to hire a taxi for a day from Tel Aviv who would take you to Ceasarea, wait and then on to Nazareth.

I am interested to hear of other suggestions for dealing with this.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,405 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

As already noted, there is no place to leave your luggage. Not only not at Caesarea, but not at any other national parks or tourist sites.

Eilat, Israel
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

You can try the diving club in Caesarea. All dependant on how big space it takes. I will contact them now to ask.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

I'd try someplace near the train station. There is no official luggage storage but I would go into a shop or grocery store near the station, explain the situation and offer the proprietor 50 shekels in order to store my stuff in their back room for a few hours.

I've done this in other countries in similar situations.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,711 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

Balboa, this is not a very feasible plan, taking into consideration the security situation in Israel. I would accept such an option in a shop and would not plan on this being accepted by any proprietor.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,876 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

I agree with Chana. I'm sitting here at work and imagining a total stranger coming in off the street and asking to leave a bag here. Absolutely not!!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

Sure an official solution would be better but that's not an option in Caesarea. Like I wrote, i've personaly done this in more than one country.

You're are underestimating the following:

- people's inclination to help tourists

- the persuasive powers of a tired and sweaty tourist hauling around a heavy bag on a hot day

- the extra benefit of making a quick buck

I didn't mean walking into a bank or a law-firm and asking to leave your bag there... This may work in a small shop or convenience store (or it may not. no guarantees).

Security is not an issue- you can always show the person the contents of your bag and let them take a picture of you and your passport.

ps: If possible, just rent a car for the day. Apart form the obvious benefits, the difference in price may not be as large as you think when compared to total public transport costs from Tel Aviv of (bus+train+taxi+taxi+train+bus)*number of people

Eilat, Israel
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

Just got a reply from Galit, the girl in the diving centre. She'd be happy to store your luggage for 25nis. Based on free space of course.

Hope this helps

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

Alina - send the phone number of Galit to the OP by PM. He'll have to get there by the taxi he'll use. Renting a car makes life easier.

Coventry
Level Contributor
258 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anywhere to leave luggage at Caesarea?

Thanks guys....we have a car rented for later in the week, but not for this part unfortunately.

Thanks I will contact the girl at the diving centre. Thank you x