We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Israel safe now?

Shanghai
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is Israel safe now?

I have planned a Israel trip from Sep20 to Oct 3. But now, Syria will be involved in war maybe, and I don't know if Israel is safe enough for me to go? I am so confused......

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Israel safe now?

Angela, there are umpteen threads on this forum telling you that while nobody can foresee what will happen several weeks from now, everything is functioning normally in Israel now. What you see on television is dramatized because it makes good TV - hundreds of people scrambling to get gas masks (when in reality all Israelis have gas masks stashed away unopened at the top of a closet and we routinely get them updated every 15 years or so). Embassies are not instructing families of staff and other non-essential people to leave. Read this thread (one of many):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293983-i2582-k680…

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Israel safe now?

Is Israel safe now?

Yes

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,275 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Israel safe now?

Please read all the many other threads on this.

Syria is not Israel. It is a different country. At the moment there is no need to alter any arrangements for a holiday in Israel and there are no government issued travel alerts out telling people not to go to israel. Everything within Israel is just the same as usual, and all the travel groups are continuing to go to exactly the same places they usually do.

NB there are always travel alerts telling you not to go to the Gaza strip, and to exercise caution if planning to go to the West Bank - that is normal.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Israel safe now?

The only thing you need to worry about is that you are coming during the holiday period -- Sukkot -- meaning that you should expect crowds everywhere, including on the roads and higher prices due to it being high season. Come and enjoy. As mentioned Syria is another country and Israel is not involved in that war. In fact we are treating some of the wounded rebels.

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
339 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Israel safe now?

Israel has been safe for 65 years, nothing has changed.

Come and enjoy.

Shanghai
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Israel safe now?

My friend has been to Tel aviv for a business trip recently, and told me Tel aviv is almost safe, but sometimes came up the voice of gun. Is that true?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,225 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Israel safe now?

What?!? Tel Aviv is calm! There is no "voice of gun." Sorry, but that is just crazy.

I just posted an admittedly long piece on this issue:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293977-i1733-k681…

But as everyone who knows the country is saying, NOTHING is happening in Israel. It is as safe as Shanghai, a city I very much enjoyed visiting two years ago.

Douglas Duckett

Shanghai
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Israel safe now?

Yeah, I think she maybe made a mistake. Your answer calmed me . Thank you!

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,812 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Israel safe now?

This video shows the center of Tel-Aviv on a typical Friday morning - it could have been last Friday ! Does it look safe ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK5_roqwT-A

staffs
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Israel safe now?

Just got back from Israel after years of thinking about safety,not once did we feel unsafe,it's an amazing country wish we had gone sooner.