We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
199 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

I am leading a tour of Christian singles for a 16-day tour to Israel and Jordan (3 nights in Jordan) in November for a Holy Land trip from Texas and I am getting questions from those considering going as to how safe is it. I have recently posed this question to my tour operator in Israel and they have assured me that everything is normal and tours are going on without any problems. This will be my fourth trip that I've led over there and never had any security problems. However, with the latest issues in Syria and Egypt, is what the tour operator in Israel telling me correct? Thanks!

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,517 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

Please read all the many other threads on this.

Everything is going on quite normally in Israel

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

Just be flexible. Whilst currently Jordan is reasonably safe, things may change and you may have to spend the whole trip in Israel.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,768 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

ptadin, if you read all the umpteen other threads on the same topic you will see that everything is completely safe and normal in Israel.

Our biggest concern here at the moment is what to cook for the holiday meals later this week, and how we will ever eat all that wonderful food!

Your tour operator is correct. To summarize what I've already written on at least two other threads here in the last hour or so: today I saw an enormous cruise ship in Haifa port. I don't know whether the ship was diverted from Egypt, but the fact is that the cruise came to Israel. Safe? If the cruise operator thought otherwise, the ship would not be in Haifa port today.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,950 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

The threads on this forum and the comments made are all indicating that Israel is safe. To my knowledge so is Jordan and there is no reason to think otherwise. I do suggest you make a parallel post on the Jordanian forum and I am sure you will get parallel positive responses.

BTW November in the fast moving Mid-East political world is at least a light year or two away.

Eilat, Israel
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

I don't have any problem crossing the Eilat - Aqaba border to teach, even though I'm Israeli. Don't think you should have any problems.

Enjoy :-)

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

Yesterday there were many, many tour groups from Costa cruises all over the Old City in Jerusalem. Everyone was engaged and busy seeing the sites. Usual and normal business in the tourist business. Cruise ships certainly wouldn't have their passengers doing land overnights if they were concerned. Having been here over the last week as a tourist, I can tell you that everything is normal. We have not had any worries or seen any problems problems due to the situation in Syria.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
199 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

THANKS, everyone for your replies and info. Yes, you all are in agreement with my tour operator, but of course people see the news and then start asking questions about security. I just want to be able to say that it is not just the tour operator saying it is safe but real people as well who are familiar with the area. Thanks again!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,118 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

As everyone has already pointed out things here are simply normal - and as already alluded to the biggest problem facing anyone right now is preparing for the holidays.

The worst thing I had to deal with this week was the 20 minutes it took me to find a shopping cart to get groceries since it was so crowded and the 45 minutes it took to just get to the cashier in the supermarket - tell everyone to ignore the media, they are just looking for headlines.

9. Re: Israel-Jordan Tour in November -- How safe is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:17