We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jersualem restaurants

phila
Level Contributor
206 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
jersualem restaurants

Similar to my tel aviv question!

We will be in Jerusalem at the end of Oct. and can use help narrowing down my restaurants. We love good food; I don’t eat meat or poultry but do eat fish and seafood. Husband eats anything.

Would like to experience different kinds of restaurants-don’t want to eat in the same atmosphere and same menu each night. We have 4 nights, one being a Friday, and another seeing the 7pm light show with Masada/Dead Sea day trip next morning.

Looking at Machneyuda, Adom, Mona, Scala,Dolphin Yam. What should I add/eliminate? Suggestions on order welcome also. We are staying at the Harmony 6 Yoel Moshe Salomon St, in the Nahalat Shiva neighborhood. Walking distance is a definite plus not required. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
197 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jersualem restaurants

None I can eliminate but I assure you as you walk around the area the Harmony is located you will find more places to eat. The hotel has a killer location, some of the best falafel is very close (Moshiko).

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,652 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jersualem restaurants

We stayed at the Harmony last year. As jer914 said, it is a fantastic location. There are heaps of good restaurants of all kinds within very easy walking distance - you are thoroughly spoilt for choice staying there.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jersualem restaurants

Foccacia is fun - not at weekends - with a varied menu and good value for money.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 05:33
phila
Level Contributor
206 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jersualem restaurants

SO restaurants in walking distance. Which do you love? Hate?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,781 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jersualem restaurants

Love:

* Tmol Shilshom

* Arcadia

* Bet Ticho (Ticho House)

* Te'enim (Figs) (vegetarian)

Hate:

* Paradiso -- epically bad service.

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,121 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jersualem restaurants

You must book for Friday night at lease one day ahead. Try Adom at the First Station (an old railway station made into a recreation area). Pa attention as most restaurants are kosher and closed Friday night.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,652 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jersualem restaurants

There are some restaurants near the Harmony that are not Kosher and so are open as normal on Friday evening so don't think you will go hungry on that night.

On Saturday evening when we were there the Kosher ones opened a little later than the non Kosher restaurants as they were waiting for the end of Shabbat.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,165 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jersualem restaurants

Adom we enjoyed. Looks like they moved. Bigger space? You'll have plenty of seafood selections there.

I would also try to mix in local food that's not easily available in the states like Rachmo and any of the places in Abu Ghosh

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jersualem restaurants

I will second Douglas' list except for Paradiso where I have eaten several times, once on a special occasion, and always had great service. I put that one in my 'love that restaurant' category. Also in the not kosher category is Mantra, which has really terrific food and when we ate there on Monday night, very attentive service. It has a great little patio in a very busy area but is quiet. This is very close to the Harmony, down the street, around the corner, through a stone gate and on your right. At the top of the price range is Eucalyptus, which is located near the Jaffa gate. The menu is inspired by biblical stories. Many people go here for the tasting menu.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
197 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jersualem restaurants

The staff at the Harmony are great , ask them to make any reservations. A non kosher place is right across the street. Three or four bar/cafes out the door to the right