We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazilian in Tel Aviv

Houston, Texas
12 posts
Save Topic
Brazilian in Tel Aviv

My mother in law is traveling with a tour group from Rio to Tel Aviv. But she will be staying 3 days after alone in Tel Aviv till my husband and I arrive.

Is there any hotels about $100 a night by the beach? She also does not speak a word of English or Hebrew! Only Portuguese. So any areas that near a hotel that has nice stores and restaurants to keep her busy?

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazilian in Tel Aviv

I'm not an expert on hotels but I think it will be hard to find somewhere for $ 100. A nice but simple hostel may be an option.

Re. languages - without English or Hebrew it will be a little tricky but I'm sure your mother in law will manage. Quite a lot of Israelis speak and understand some Spanish and that will help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brazilian in Tel Aviv

In certain cases, even shared languages can lead to misunderstandings. For example, when I saw this heading.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brazilian in Tel Aviv

Many hotels have staff that speak foreign languages including Portuguese. I would up the expectations for pricing to at least $150 per night to be realistic.

Chana

Israel

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brazilian in Tel Aviv

The Beachfront Hotel is the only place I can think of in your budget

beachfront.b144sites.co.il/home.html…

Location is excellent. You can book rooms that have an ensuite bathroom. Rooms are very basic as are the onsite services making this place more of a hostel than a hotel. For the price and location, this might work out well for your mother-in-law if she is okay with 'basic'. Nice perks are the beachtowels and free beverages during the day as well as the sun roof. Note that breakfast is not included but a voucher for an inexpensive breakfast at the restaurant next door is given.

5. Re: Brazilian in Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:18