We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more sleep...................................

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
One more sleep...................................

I will be leaving for Israel tomorrow along with my friends, Leslie and Debbie. We will arrive Wednesday morning and spend 2 nights in Tel Aviv, then pick up our rental car and head north to Nof Ginosar where we will stay for 6 nights before driving to Jerusalem, returning the rental car and spending a full week in Jerusalem before our late night departure to the USA on the 24th. Looking forward so much to a wonderful adventure!!

I've got the lodging reservations in place as well as the rental car reservation and a couple of other things "planned", but, we are going to be, for the most part, very flexible and casual about how our days go. THIS IS THE TRIP I've been dreaming of and even though I still have a little anxiety about the whole driving thing I know we will do fine and this trip, my 8th, will be the most amazing of all.

SHALOM!

Kathy

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more sleep...................................

Looking forward to seeing you! Have a good flight.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more sleep...................................

Have a wonderful trip! Don't forget to let us know how you get on. :)

Israel
Level Contributor
5,124 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One more sleep...................................

Have a safe flight and a fabulous trip!

I hope Debbie leaves lots of room in her suitcase for all the shopping that she's going to do. :-)

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more sleep...................................

If you are nervous about the driving, get full coverage insurance. Driving is not more difficult in Israel than in many places in North America but if you are worried about others scratching or scraping or dinging your car, it is hard to relax. This works for me! Every trip is so special and the more you see, the more you realize there is even 'more' that you haven't seen or experienced. Just came back from my 18th trip and it just never gets old. Have a wonderful time.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,357 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One more sleep...................................

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!! Nesiya tova!

Douglas Duckett

Visiting Palm Springs, California, USA

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One more sleep...................................

Have a lovely trip!

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One more sleep...................................

Hey Kathy,

If you use American Express for car rental, they cover you for vehicle insurance. Even cover the deductible. Also, found a GPS APP I think we'll use on our trip next June. It's called Be-on-road, have done dry runs with it and it appears to work quite well. Best Wishes for yous on your trip, Enjoy.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One more sleep...................................

The insurance didn't seem unreasonably priced.....it will give extra piece of mind. I am not truly a "nervous type"......it will be fine. Shoesy.....I talked to Chani today and later to Debbie. Debbie is packing very little....lol.....will shop to fill up the space. Lol

Kathy

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One more sleep...................................

Have a wonderful visit Kathy. Perhaps I'll run into you around the Sea of Galilee. I'll be in that area on the same days.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One more sleep...................................

It would be great to meet you, Dave. Pm me if you'd like my cell phone number.

Kathy...waiting for first flight....Indpls Intl