We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather- MId October to early November

Toronto
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather- MId October to early November

I realize that weather is very unpredictable but could someone give me average daytime highs and nightime lows and how much variation I can expect between Northern Israel and Southern Israel. We arrive Oct 20th and will be travelling for 2 weeks. Looking at the present temps on the various weather sites, it seems very hot during the day. Is this weather typical for mid to end of October or is the country having a hot spell at the moment. I am trying to figure out what to pack. Of course I plan to have some layers for potentially cooler evenings but need some overall advice. Thanks.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,453 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather- MId October to early November

The chart in this link will give you very basic average temps. goisrael.com/Tourism_Eng/…20Temperature.jpg

We re not having a heat wave, temps now are quite normal for this time of year. You can expect them to be a bit less in two weeks. Yes, the variance between north and south can be 5-10 degrees (C) and at higher elevations - so the north and Jerusalem - temps can drop 5 or more degrees between day and night.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather- MId October to early November

It can be hot in Oct and Nov. T-shirts and shorts with bare feet in sandals weather. It can also get really nippy, especially at night but even during the day. Cardigans or shawls and closed toe shoes are a must for the evenings in Jerusalem. I recommend you bring an extra pair of walking shoes in case it rains and your shoes get wet. Guaranteed it will be warmer than Toronto with less rain no matter where in the country you are :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather- MId October to early November

Thanks for the replies. It is helpful in planning what clothes to pack.

4. Re: Weather- MId October to early November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:19