We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions - nov 2013

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions - nov 2013

Hi everybody,

We travel to Israel in november and I need some information. I hope somebody could help me :)

1.- We need to leave the luggage a few hours to do some sightseeing (we are not sure where yet but will be Haifa or Tel Aviv) because we arrive very early and can not get the flat until 4 in the afternoon. Is there in any station in any of that cities a place to leave it?, I did it before in europe but I can't find any information about this in Israel.

2.- Is read in november is a hot season??? I thought it was a rainy and cold month

3.- We need to get Haifa from Ben Guiron Airport. What is the faster and cheaper (not sure if could be both): train or bus?

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Cris

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions - nov 2013

1. As far as I know, there are no public lockers.

2. November is a transitional month, usually not outright HOT, but it may occassionly get warm. Dress in layers. Bring a compact folding umbrella.

3. Train.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions - nov 2013

I would ask those renting you the flat if they can store your luggage for a few hours. For security reasons, public lockers are not common in Israel.

I will be there Nov. 4-20, and have gone in November several times. It's never hot, but often pleasantly warm, but if the rains come it can be cool. It's never cold in the way that I would describe it as a Midwestern American. IndigoGirl's packing advice is spot on.

Douglas Duckett

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
266 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions - nov 2013

1.In Tel Aviv, there are a few lockers in Tel Aviv's Savidor train station, and in the central bus station (http://bit.ly/GViT2j)

There are a few places that have manned left luggage service: At Ben Gurion airport, inside the central bus station (see link above), a few across the street from the American consulate on Ha'yarkon st., and at some youth hostels.

2. November average weather - holiday-weather.com/tel_aviv/…

3. Train

4. Re: A few questions - nov 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 06:38