We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure Tax

Southern California
Level Contributor
45 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Departure Tax

We are exiting Israel to visit Petra on the 27th of the month, returning to Israel on the 29th of the month and then departing for the US on the 31st of the month. I assume we pay the exit tax on the 27th when we cross into Jordan. Somewhere I have read that the exit tax when you depart by plane from TLV is included in the plane ticket. Is that the correct assumption? If so, we only make the cash payment for the exit to Jordan and the exit to the US is already paid. Please confirm!

This forum has been extremely helpful in learning about places to see during our visit to Israel. I appreciate all the help and will try to repay with a trip report when we return. Thanks for your help.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,126 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Departure Tax

Confirmed!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Departure Tax

You pay the exit tax whenever you leave Israel. You are correct. At the land crossings you pay when you present your passport as you leave. When you depart by air, the tax is already included in the price of the plane ticket.

3. Re: Departure Tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:19