We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Value Rated Hotels?

chicago
Level Contributor
411 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Value Rated Hotels?

The tour company that I am thinking of using offers two sets of hotels, there is a $1200 savings by using their value rated hotels. They are the Inbal Hotel in Jerusalem, Rimonim Royal Hotel at the Dead Sea, Herod's Palace in Eilat, Rimonim Galei Kinnereth in Tiberias, and The David International in Tel Aviv compared to the higher level which includes The King David in Jerusalem, Isrotel at the Dead Seam Isrotel Royal Beach in Eilat, Leonardo Plaza in Tiberias and the Hilton in Tel Aviv.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Value Rated Hotels?

And your question is..........?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Value Rated Hotels?

Unless you have money to burn, as far as I am concerned I would save the $1200. I have no problems with the less expensive hotels. ( btw some of those hotels are the 'more expensive" for other tours)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,406 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Value Rated Hotels?

The "lower end" hotels on your list are top quality hotels - 4+ stars and as noted, the higher level hotels for many tours.

Unless you need to be able to say you staying at the Ritz, for example, you will lack nothing by going this route and save a lot of money which can be used to splurge on something else.

chicago
Level Contributor
411 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Value Rated Hotels?

I just wanted to know if there is that much of a difference between the the sets of hotels to pay the extra $1200. If the consensus was that the value hotels were "just OK" then I would probably go for the higher priced hotels.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,406 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Value Rated Hotels?

No - the value hotels are way more than "just OK" they are very much a higher level of hotel and you will probably not even notice that you are missing something.

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Value Rated Hotels?

I don't see a huge difference between the "value hotels" and the "higher level" hotels. In Jerusalem for example, the King David is more najestic, with plush grounds, but I know many many people who can afford the King David but who choose the Inbal. And the David Continental in Tel Aviv is a very good hotel, perhaps the Hilton i better situated for the port area, but the Intercontinental is better for Neve Tzedek/Yafo.

I don't see the "higher end" hotels being worth $1200 extra.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Value Rated Hotels?

Let me join my friends here and recommend that you go for the "lower" end hotels. They are not lower in anything and you'll love them. Enjoy your trip.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Value Rated Hotels?

I'll pile on -- that's a huge price difference for a relatively small difference in quality. I stay in "lower tier" hotel than these, and do so happily.

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,711 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Value Rated Hotels?

Stay in the lower end and use the saved money to buy something very special from Israel.

Personally the Inbal is nicer than the King David. The Royal is fantastic and doesn't fall far from Isrotel Dead Sea. The Leonardo Plaza is nicer than Galei Rimonim but I'd still stick with the lower cost hotels.

Chana

Israel

Edited: 24 October 2013, 17:17
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Value Rated Hotels?

I have never stayed in the King David and am not likely to, unless someone would like to pay for me to stay there. However, you might be interested to note that whereas until perhaps 15 or 20 years ago visiting heads of state and other VIPs stayed in the King David, today they don't. I think the KD is still trading on its name rather than its actual quality.

Talking 30 years ago here, but I once had to spend (for work) a day in the King David and a day in another 5-star hotel (I forget which) that had only recently opened. All I had to do was sit in a room and answer the phone. I was allowed by my employer to order room service, within reason. The King David toasted cheese sandwich looked a week old, and the coffee was cold. The same thing from the other hotel was hot, fresh, promptly delivered, and the coffee came in a thermos flask. It was a new hotel with a reputation to build, not an old one whose glory had faded.