We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fares

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Fares

Can anyone advise on taxi and sherut fares from Ben Gurion Airport to Jerusalem. Is it possible to get a taxi for a family of 5 or is a sherut our best option?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Fares

I think this may have been mentioned on an earlier thread. Have you tried looking for it ? If it isn't there, no doubt someone will know the answer.

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Fares

There are some earlier posts from 2010, however the taxi fares will have increased since then.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Fares

Try typing "Nesher" into the search facility box, an answer may appear.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,330 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Fares

Make sure after you do a search you set the option for "date" to get the latest post on something like this. The option is automatically set to "relevance"

There's a thread here which gives the prices:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293984-i3332-k…

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,781 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Fares

Your best bet is to take a taxi. Just go to the official taxi line and the dispatcher will call for a larger taxi to come and get you - you'll have enough room for everyone. The fare is 273 NIS daytime and 325 NIS nights and Shabbat. There will be a small additional charge for each suitcase and for the additional passengers after the first two.

Edited: 28 October 2013, 05:39
Paragon
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Fares

The taxi driver we got from Ben Gurion to Tel Aviv to our hotel gave us a price (we got the "official taxi")......and then increased it twice on us by the time we arrived. I really did not understand "why", but, will admit that by the time we got to the hotel I wasn't in any mood (and didn't have the strength left) for much arguing. I protested...he stood his ground....I paid him. LOL

Kathy

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,232 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Fares

Kathy, it is obviously too late to do anything about that now, but for future reference, you should insist on paying only the official rate, not a penny more (except for small surcharges for luggage, etc.) Make a great show of writing down the taxi driver's number, which is on a small plaque inside the taxi. Ask for a receipt. Tell him you will report him to the Transport Ministry. That should show him you are not a push-over.

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Fares

Thank you, Shuffaluff......very much. If I hadn't been "dead tired" I would have handled things better. Appreciate your kind advice.

Kathy

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,039 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Fares

The receipt which the driver will print out and hand you ( on demand if need be AND you can ask for it BEFORE you pay) will give the cab's number and how the price was obtained. It will show the base rate and all the add ons. It IS in Hebrew, but you can read the bottom line. If the driver has played with the bottom line to have it match you will be able to take the receipt to someone who knows Hebrew and zing the driver! ( my very honest and straight driver has explained to me how drivers who do things illegally work and how to avoid it)

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Fares

I'm assuming taxis accept credit card payment. Is this correct?