We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

deplaning times

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
deplaning times

if i have a flight scheduled to land at 420pm is it safe to asssume i can make it to a store in the airport that closes at 530?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: deplaning times

No it is not

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: deplaning times

No. Flight arrival time means the time the wheels are scheduled to touch the tarmac. Even if the plane arrives right on time, it can easily be half an hour or more before you get off the plane. Then it's a long walk to immigration (and possibly a long queue there if several planes have arrived at the same time), and baggage retrieval. A couple of weeks ago it was about 20 minutes after I and the other people on my arriving flight got to the baggage retrieval before the first item of luggage from our flight appeared. And needless to say, there is no assumption that your luggage will be among the first out.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,300 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: deplaning times

Maybe but probably not. What store closes at 5:30 in the airport or is it an office you need to get to?

Chana

Koren

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: deplaning times

cell phone store

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: deplaning times

Which cellphone store ? Most stores in the airport are open 24/7.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: deplaning times

orange

מרכז שרות ומכירה ועד אלעל נמל תעופה בן גוריון . נמל תעופה בן גוריון שני: 10:00-17:30

חמישי: 10:00-17:30

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: deplaning times

What makes you think that is a cell phone store for the general public ? It appears to be for El Al employees.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 17:11
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: deplaning times

Yes, that says it is for El Al employees.

I just called (at 7:45 p.m.) the cellphone store in the airport arrivals hall - the phone number is on the airport website. No surprise, a live human being answered. I asked until what time they are open. They are indeed open all the time.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: deplaning times

samd-- thanks! i did not realize

shuffaluf thanks also . i have been trying for 2 or 3 days on two posts here on tripadviser to get the info you just gave me offhand. do you have that number? i have difficulty navigating israeli websites (see above :-) )

also do they sell orange cards...?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: deplaning times

just went to 2 different ben gurion airport websites could not find that info on either. can you provide?