We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

Livingston, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

I am a family of 4 (2 adult children) and I am looking to do and amazing 3 days northern Israel tour. I would really like recommendations from people who have been on these tours and enjoyed them.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

With 4 adults you had better take a driver guide. 3 days tours are expensive, and the difference might not be that big. Of course one of you can drive and it will be cheaper.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,796 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

The day trip tours are all general. You will not find one with a specific Jewish Heritage tilt. ( unless you are or want to do an Orthodox tour) If you hire a car and do your own driving a tour guide will be almost the same as a day trip(s) AND the quality of what you get will be significantly better.

Livingston, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

Not really looking for the Jewish Heritage part of it....just a all around tour. I only posted that because the tour I was looking at on one of the sites phrased it like that and I likes all the stops on that tour. I just want a great tour with out breaking the bank.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,628 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

A private guide driver would allow you to have a great tour, see the sites you want and cost about the same per person as a regular guided trip but less the shopping and more indepth.

Chana

Israel

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

Check out Richard Woolf, a guide from the Galilee, who can give you an indepth tour around the north woolfr@netvison.net.il

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,796 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

If we are going to be recommending guides, you are also getting information from 3 guides on this forum. But, better yet, check out the 8th "Top Question' titled "Private Guide" --it gives information on how to find a guide and there are loads of names that have been used by posters.

Livingston, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

Thank you everyone! I have a guide who is based in Jerusalem and will be touring us one day there and we are renting a car and driving with him to massada and the dead sea one day. He can take us on the Northern tour but he is recommending that we take the 3 day shalom israel tour which would be slightly more expensive but he felt it was worth it. I don't mind being with other people ( as long as they are not annoying :) )

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,796 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

If the group tour is more expensive than the guide--the guide is super inexpensive. Is this a licensed guide and where did you get him from?

Livingston, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

We are a group of 4 and I am paying for all four so a guide per day is inexpensive to me. The guide we are using in Jerusalem....lives in Jerusalem. He has been recommended to me by two different people that I know who have used him. If I travel with him to the North it would cost a little less money, I would have to house him there also, but not sure of his knowledge of the north might be as good as that of a tour group that has high ratings on trip advisor.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 day Northern Israel Jewish Heritage Tour recommendations!!

I don't know Richard Woolf but he was recommended many times on this forum and if I remember well he lives in the north. Why not ask him? Depending on your dates he might be already booked. He can recommend someone else.